29 | Riley, Why?

THE CRYING GIRL inside Riley's embrace is left there, speechless — not knowing how to respond to the sudden input she just heard. The older's hand just traced down Clare's back with pity.

"Is he the boy you drew in your journal?" Riley calmly whispers, regretting the question later on as the little one continues to ignore her.

Their hug tightened causing Clare to be more enveloped yet instead of feeling relieved, anger crept through her veins.

"Why?" the younger asked as a knot slowly formed in her heart, "Why are you telling me this just now?"

"You never asked about it..."

"Still..."

Tears of anger were released by her eyes. If it were to be alive, it should have busted out in flames while it burns everything it touches.

"Why are you telling me this just now?!" Clare repeated as her voice screamed out the pain she's been keeping from within.

Riley's silenced and speechless. Her tears were being hesitant to even fall off.

"Please!" Cedric unexpectedly wailed, making the two girls flinch.

"Forgive me..." he then whispers as he loosened his grip on the gun. His trembling hands dropped it seconds later.

Both of the girl's gazes were glued onto him yet Riley had other intentions. As the man crouched while his hands coated his face to hide the tears that were falling off, Riley found this chance to grab the gun as she aimed it towards Cedric.

Clare was furious, but when Chase escaped Cedric's body as the boy's back forcefully jolted itself on the wall, the anger that lingered through her veins vanished. Chase harshly fell onto the floor from the rapid impact yet he suddenly ascended himself onto mid-air.

Clare's feet were pinned onto the ground when another soul came out of Cedric. Once again, she saw herself with a hole on the chest, forehead, and a missing eye. Her room abruptly darkened, leaving nothing else but their floating bodies on a pitch-black pigment.