19 | Wake Up, Clare

CLARE FLORENCE SAW A REFLECTION OF HERSELF as she stared at the girl in front of her. The only difference is their clothing, eyes, and body.

Clare is wearing her sleeping garments. Her forehead didn't contain any holes and she has two eyes, unlike the girl in front of her.

The petite structure of the crying lass from up-front was very noticeable. The sweater she's wearing contained a hole in the middle which matched the one she has on her forehead and eye socket.

Tears crawled down Clare's eyes from the sight she saw yet the other girl cried red-pigmented tears — she cried blood.

"Finally..." the girl with a crimson red sweater whispered while a small smile plastered on her lips, "You're finally allowed to see me."

Confusion slaps Clare but fear was more evident on her face. She wants to ask something but she's afraid whatever she'll say offends the girl.

"You're seventeen?" the smaller one questions "You're now seventeen, right?"

Clare nodded. A contented laugh was the other's response.

"I was your age when I saw the light," her smile turned into a frown as her rosy-red tears started to flood on the floor, "I was your age when everything went wrong."

The girl's knee found contact with the glass they were both standing on and that caused it to crack.

"I was your age when I could see with both of my eyes," every word she wailed started to echo, "I was your age when I lost the love of my life!"

She started punching the glass. Anger was evident in her movements. The blood from the flooring splattered everywhere. Clare's frightened at the girl's sudden action.

"I was your age when I felt bliss! I was your age when I felt pain! I was your age when I wasn't like this!"

The glass cracked and Clare fell from mid-air. A waterfall of blood slowly formed as they both gravitated downward.

"I was your age when I last saw him again!"