42 | Let's Go Home

CLYDE'S CAR KEY FIDDLED ITS WAY between his fingers as he opened the passenger seat's door for Jake, but the younger one's furious. His body's shouting violence while his mind and heart were heating up. Because of that, Evelyn found it more difficult to control this intense feeling of anger.

"Ladies first," Clyde jokingly offered, and this caused Jake to further get enraged.

Still, the younger one deeply heaved for air. He thought that by doing that, it'll be easier for him to speak but, the nausea that the boy earlier felt, came back. It abruptly hindered him to move, for it made his eyes tightly close. Even so, Evelyn managed to maintain posture although she felt responsible for her son's weak physique.

Jake then opened his eyes while bluntly asking, "Why do you even want to go there?"

Clyde just quietly laughed, "You're so annoying."

"Why do you want to go there?" Jake asks again but, this time, his teeth were angrily grinding on themselves as he spoke.

The older just shook his head while the smile on his lips stayed. He straightened his posture, allowing his free hand to swing itself in front of the car's door, signaling the furious one to come inside.

"I'll tell you on the way. I promise," Clyde answered.

With that, Jake had no choice but to enter the car. He fastened his seat belt the moment Clyde's door closed. The younger's body found that moment to relax – to store some energy. Although home is a 20 minute drive from the café, Jake found this as a chance to ask all the questions he needed answers from.

"So," Jake started, "out of all the families out there, why'd you have to interfere mine?"

"We're starting off strong, are we?" Clyde laughed, continuing his words momentarily, "How about you ask me and I'll answer, then I'll ask you and you'll answer?"