07 | Meet Jake Florence

A SHRILL CRY OF AN INFANT ECHOED through the house and the fifteen-year-old, Jake Florence, isn't fond of the noise. Truthfully, he never was.

"You had to take the stupid bunny from her!" he yelled, "I have exams tomorrow, Riley. At least be considerate!" With angered eyes staring at the child, he crumbled the piece of paper he was holding.

"I didn't take it!" the seven-year-old cried in fear, "It fell from the crib! I saw it—"

"Bullshit."

"—I saw it fall!" Riley couldn't help but yell.

"Bullshit!" Jake forcefully shoves the paper inside Riley's mouth as he started holding onto her shoulders, tightly. "Look. I don't fucking care, okay? Silence that child or I'll be the one doing that!"

Her body was forcefully pushed to the ground, her shoulder and back hitting the crib. The lad then stomped out of Clare's room, slamming the door shut. Riley quietly sobbed while pulling the paper out of her mouth.

Standing up, she went to the crib to hush her little sister. "Shhh..." she whispered in between her cries. The tears from her eyes kept on falling onto the infant's clothes.

Grabbing the remote, she opened the TV and Spongebob started playing. The younger slowly stopped crying and giggles were heard. Riley just stared at her little sister with a smile plastered on her face as she defied the rain coming out of her eyes.

"Clare, look here," Chase Harper uttered, also ignoring the river trickling down his cheeks, "I'm one-holed Spongebob."

Clare Florence can't seem to hold her laughter when he sees the lad doing silly stuff.