26 | Please, Spare Some Mercy

A DARK PIGMENT OF THE COLOR BLACK hugged Chase's body. He suddenly felt weak for he's having a difficult time moving like gravity's against his desires.

"No! Please don't," a man in his forty-s yelled, "Have mercy... Please!"

Chase's body suddenly fell to the ground. His skin attracted tiny rocks as it found contact from below. While he continuously blinks, the grimy tint suddenly turned into a starry yet dull atmosphere.

He's now kneeling on a rooftop and a tall, crying lad was at its edge. A petite girl who's holding a gun with her right hand and a broken wine bottle on the other was in front of the man.

The gun was aimed at her head while the bottle was pointed towards the lad. Her back faced Chase so he couldn't distinguish who she was, but he could see Cedric's worried and solemn expression.

The girl then laughed, loudly - making both of the boys cover their ears.

"How gullible," the lass spoke with a very entertained tone, "Did you really think killing me then stitching onto me will lead to nothing but a peaceful life at the end?"

Cedric's eyes widened and so did Chase's. With both their thoughts baffling with their inner voices, Chase felt like he's almost done fixing the puzzle of his past life.

"I just fulfilled what he told me to do!" Cedric yelled, "It was beyond what I wanted-"

"Yet you still killed me?" the girl interrupts, "You willingly killed me regardless of the knot that formed in your chest when you saw me that night?!"

"I wasn't supposed to shoot but I had n-no choice..." Cedric dropped to the ground.

His hands held onto the girl's feet for forgiveness while he begged with tear-brimmed eyes, "Please... Spare some mercy."

A thick fog suddenly formed causing Chase to see nothing but a white spur. As his thoughts tried it's hardest to process what happened, his heart unnervingly throbbed.