27 | The Young Boy

THE SEVENTEEN YEAR OLD'S tears stopped falling when the laughing silenced. Her head started throbbing. Nonetheless, she managed to scan the room.

She was expecting Chase's troubled face but Clare's eyes widened when she saw Cedric lulled as he held a gun towards her. His eyes were all white and his mouth was hung low — wide enough for the liquid to seep out.

Seconds later, she heard cramming footsteps from outside the room. Keys being fiddled and heavy breathing accompanied later on.

The door then bursts open and a crying Riley, tightly holding onto the doorknob, was envisioned by the seventeen-year-old. Her whole body froze when she saw the man with a firearm.

"C-Cedric... Put down the gun..." fear was deeply engraved in her voice — her hands and legs starting to shake a little.

Clare slowly went to Riley and the twenty-year-old found this chance to hug the little one. The younger felt Riley's irregular and fast heartbeat as their clothes are both being soaked with their tears.

"Chase..." Clare slowly whispered, "Where's Chase?"

Riley broke their embrace as she held Clare's shoulders while staring at her with a concerned look glued to her face.

"How do you know him?" she asked with a frown forming within her brows.

The young one just covered her face for the tears that were escaping were far too much for the girl to handle.

"Clare... Chase is the young boy that died in front of our house years ago after you were even born. How do you know him?"