25 | Cedric, I'm Inside

CHASE HARPER JUST STOOD THERE — clueless as to what he's supposed to do. Clare and Cedric are on their backs, anguish engraved on their faces, while distress was etched into Riley's voice.

Tears commenced to fall off Clare's squinting eyes and Chase instantly noticed. He floats near her to wipe them off.

"Clare, what's happening?!" the boy hollers yet no reply was heard.

He shook her but she only squirmed out of his grip. The boy's gaze then averted to Cedric. His facial features somewhat matched his although the tall boy was on the verge of crying. Cedric then stood up — one hand covering his ear while the other was clasping something from his bag.

Chase's eyes enlarged when he saw a gun being held by the pitiful-looking man. The aim was towards Clare who was lying on her bed with mere misery hiding behind the girl's eyelids as her back faced the tall lad.

He flickered the gun. A thin sound roamed throughout the room and Riley's knocking became more frantic.

"What was that?!" she cries out, "Open this door, right now!" Chase could tell the twenty-year-old is weeping.

When Cedric's pointer finger landed on the trigger, Chase had no choice but to go through Cedric's body.