𝐹𝑎𝑚𝑖𝑙𝑦 𝑔𝑎𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑠 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑡𝑒𝑎𝑟𝑠

I S A B E L L A

He let me go and pushed me into the seat next to him. Just now I had noticed that everybody was starring at me. My "Dad" and all of my six brothers.

"What? I know I'm pretty, stop starring." Elijah glared at me. What did he expect? He was the one to force me to enter this conversation, I wasn't going to loose. I waved my hand, turned my head away from Elijah and smirked while rolling my eyes.

"I- I have something to tell you all." Oh here it comes. Nathaniel was never nervous, so it had to be something serious.

All the attention of the room went to my father. Everybody had a confused look on their face. What could this whole situation be about? Did my father get into some trouble? Like illegal stuff? Don't tell me we were moving, or even worse, I had to change schools again.

I could hear thunder coming from outside which made my heart jump. Even though I felt safe in the rain, I was always scared of thunder. Don't ask, I'm confusing.

"I have been dating another woman."
The tension was so thick, I could cut it with a knife.

"Congratulations, Dad!", William said to him as if it was nothing. How could this man  possibly be  thinking about another woman else then my mom? Mom was..... perfect. In every sense of way. Always happy, always courageous, she forgave, she let go. Was their love just a lie to him? A burden that was now finally gone?

How could he do this to us? I had always been closest to mom. We did everything together. Movie nights, day at a mall, even going to the arcade. I was not letting him do this me, not now, and especially not today.

All of my brothers nodded in agreement, except Lucas. He had a devastating look on his face. My brother was just as shocked as I was.

While he had to hold back his tears, I showed no emotion. Not even the slightest hint of a tear crawled down my face. Nothing. It was all too much.

After only five years, he had decided to move on in his oh-so-perfect life. What was wrong with him. How could he have already forgotten mom. How could he have forgotten the sweet scent of roses that had followed her everywhere, her pastel flower dresses, her brunette curls, her natural freckles. Lucas, my mom and I always baked something every Sunday. It was a tradition between the three of us. Since we were 4. She had tought Lucas baking and me how to play the guitar and piano. I wasn't going to let these memories fade or get replaced with a woman I didn't even know.

I didn't even want to know her, she could only be a rip off.

The rest of my brothers were also close to her but not as close as we were.

I couldn't take this anymore, too much.

"Was a nice meeting with you all. Bye.", I stood up from the chair and went towards the stairs, ignoring everybody. It was blunt of me, and probably not a correct move, but I couldn't think anymore, about this. Talking was hard and I didn't dare to waste another thought on this topic. I just couldn't.

"I have not excused you. Sit back down, Isabella. Questo instante.", Telling me to sit down this instant, what a fool. Did he really think I was going to ever listen to him again after this decision? Fuck all of them.

I turned back around to them. If they want to have a fight, they can have one.
"Don't you guys remember what mom did for all of you? William, who helped you with math? Mom did. Elijah who bought you your bicycle on your 9th birthday even though we were low on money? Mom did. She only could afford it because she was working night shift while our father here was somewhere in Mexico selling drugs or some other bullshit." I squinted my eyes at Nathaniel and he glared at me.