𝐿𝑒𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑠𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑑 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑚𝑦 𝑙𝑖𝑓𝑒 𝑏𝑒𝑔𝑖𝑛

I S A B E L L A

-Sunday-

The day had gone by, easily, and today was the day of the day, the marriage. My brothers and I had helped with the preparations and they all had picked out their suits. It had gone fast, I'll admit, a little too fast for my desire.

This would be the second worst day of my life, and I was not prepared for it. Not a single bit and I hated it. This would be a special Sunday for Jennifer, and, don't get me wrong, I was happy for her, but I was also worried. Worried about the future, worried about our family.

Alexandra and I would be her bride maids, and I just sat there, not knowing what to do with my make up. It was currently 4 AM, I couldn't sleep all night, just like the others, and currently sat in front of my desk, a mirror hanging from the wall that the desk was leaning against, and tried to breath evenly. I wore an oversized shirt with Mickey Mouse on it and some leggings. My hair was a messy bun that was still from yesterday,

I picked up a small brush, for my highlighter, without applying foundation, but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything. The brush was in my hand, while I was like a statue, looking at myself.

My face was pale, without any color, and my hand skinny and fragile. I had rather small hands, which wasn't a good thing, I hated it. I hated every single part of my body, except for my freckles. They bought life into my hollow self, and without them, everybody would think I was a porcelain doll. My lips were a light rose color, my eyes couldn't be more colorless, and my nose, a little crooked. I had cheek bones, I must admit, and would be considered pretty if it wasn't for my unhealthy skinniness and grey skin.

This wasn't natural, it was sick. I needed make up to look beautiful.

Everything will be alright, just calm down, and you'll manage. There was this voice, who tried to comfort me, and I was thankful for it. I needed it more than anything else today.

Everybody will turn down on you. And then there was this voice, it was louder than the kinder one, and I struggled staying in reality.

Just try to sleep a bit more, and everything will be okay. This didn't feel real anymore.

I stood up from the desk and sat back on the bed, my fingers twirling around in the covers. I laid back down, onto the soft blanket, and let my feet dangle from the bed. I didn't feel my feet, as if I was flying, or simply, just numb.

Now I was laying there, looking at the ceiling, listening to my breath, ignoring the world that was beginning to come to life this morning. Soon enough my eyes closed and I fell into a deep, dark sleep.

Only an hour later, I awoke again. The sky was grey and no bird was to be seen. It had rained in this hour and the railing from my balcony was still wet.

I stood up from my bed, one hand trailing along the knitted blanket, and finally sitting back down at my desk. "Let the day begin." I said to myself and looked at the mirror. I had a black mark on my right cheek, which was new. My hand drifted towards the cheek and inspected the black mark. It was a simple stroke upwards, starting at my collar bone and going up to my cheek.

Weird, I thought to myself, this wasn't there when I went to sleep.

Probably your brothers, don't worry. This was the loud, unkind voice from earlier.

I would have to talk to them about it later.

I carried on with my make up, which was a dark black eyeliner and black eyeshadow. My lips were painted with a crimson red color and I had light blush applied. The eyeliner made my eyes pop and look like cats eyes. My hair was braided and decorated with roses. It matched with the tight, lacy black dress, that I wore.