𝑆𝑢𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑒

-ISABELLA-

We took a seat in the car again, and the driver drove off. I giggled sometimes at Alexandra's failed tries to fix every chaos that was going on at her house. To sum everything up, the red banners were pink, the roses for the cake lay scattered on the floor, they didn't know how to inflate a balloon, somebody had started another food fight, and they didn't find the mattresses.

I laughed silently because I wasn't mad at all. I was still happy that they were trying to celebrate a really awesome party for me. We soon arrived back at the house and I could already see through the window, two figured fussing around at the entrance door, shouting at each other.

We went up the stairs and saw Liam and James running around with red faces, still in shorts and t-Shirt with sneakers. Alexandra pushed Liam away and opened the door, groaning, and I heard that their conversation went on, it was more a fight. She took the bag from my arm and walked to the kitchen, leaving me alone. I stood still, looking at Jennifer shouting at Owen, "No! The- Yes that one!" He pointed to a cloth that laid on the table next to the stairs and he chuckled. She had two pins in her mouth and her hair was messily tied up.

I couldn't figure out if she was exhausted, annoyed, or both, so I went to the kitchen. Alexandra had put the dresses away and had started to make tea. I took a seat where she had just sat and sighed, exhausted myself. "Goddamn, I just want to fall asleep again.",My head was leaning against my hand as she shook her head, giving me a cup of tea.

"Not today, not now, not here.",She held the cup with both her hands and I groaned. "Oh and uhm, go get ready quick. We still have to drive somewhere." I took a sip of my tea, eyeing her.
"Uh, what exactly are you talking about?", I scoffed, I just wanted to relax and wait for my friends while watching cartoons. It was a weekend after all.

"Go upstairs and get ready! What's not clear about that?", She was getting annoying so I stopped discussing and lifted myself from my seat, making my way to the stairs.

I still didn't exactly know what to think of this whole situation, but I was beginning to like it, even if it was hard. I knew that my brothers told me that they would always be there for me, that I could tell them everything, but they wouldn't understand. They didn't understand the past years anyways.

I just missed the old times, but liked the new times as well, I didn't know what I wanted.

I went back to my "new" room and fell on the bed, sighing. It was much for me, and my social battery was already used up, but I had to go through this. Everybody had set up everything so wonderful, I couldn't let them just clean it up.

I looked to my right and saw a dress that was neatly laying there, accessories beside it. It was a black, simple dress, just my liking.

I lifted myself up and leaned my body on my hands, inspecting the dress. Of course, a simple black dress was too boring for Alexandra, so she had picked out more that could go with it. The dress with thin straps, a white turtleneck sweater laid next to it, black tights and some woolen long socks. A golden necklace lay on top of the dress. I awed at it. It was beautiful indeed, and perfect.

I stood up and started to undress myself, having a bit of a struggle with the crop top and my hair that was getting stuck with the hair tie. I put on the tights first, noticing that it wasn't the usual thin material, but a bit thicker. Maybe we were going somewhere where it was colder. I thought to myself while putting on the turtleneck. It was comfy and didn't scratch anywhere.  I picked up the dress, it seemed a little too small for my size, but I didn't hesitate to put it on.

The dress stuck to my body, showing off the non-curvy body I had, but that was okay. I had started to like my body the past few days a bit more than usual, and even though there was minimal change with my low self-esteem, it was getting better.