𝑀𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑠

S A V A N N A H

Now that it was evening, I could finally relax. I felt safer at night than at day, and it showed. River lay on my lap, while we both were on the couch, watching tv. I was too tired for anything else, until I got a call from Jason. My brother never called that late, preferably in the morning. "Savannah, I'm sorry that I couldn't come today, I would've called you sooner, but with all the school stuff going on, it was just not working, I'll come Monday though." I sat up, River getting up and jumping off the couch and on the carpet. I had totally forgotten that he was supposed to come, and right now, I was kind of glad that he wasn't coming today, because I didn't have anything cooked.

"No, no, its okay." I contemplated on telling him that I didn't even have something to eat, but that wouldn't be so kind, so I didn't, "Yeah, Monday is okay, but I have school, do you have keys?"

I heard a few screams and music in the background, indicating that he was on a party, "Uhm yeah, they should be somewhere, I'll find them, don't worry."  I nodded, reducing the volume of the screen that came from the horror movie.
"I love you, Savvy." It made me smile, that he still said that, "I love ya too, Jay."

Before he could hang up, I added something, "Oh and Jay? Don't overdue it, I know its the weekend, but don't call me tomorrow saying you have a headache and that you can't come okay, just because of a party." I heard him groan annoyed, but he knew that I was right.

"Okay, mom." I could literally see him rolling his eyes, as I hang up. I sighed, while increasing the volume again, and saw River starting to doze off, so I decided what was best, and go to bed too.

I went upstairs, hearing River's soft snores and whimpers that came from her dream, and walked to the bathroom. After washing my face, I jumped into bed, in a comfy old shirt and some cloth shorts.

I took my phone, and started scrolling through old photos of me and my brother. I missed him, but I knew that it was best for him to go to college, even without me. A photo showed us two, standing by the beach, smiling, the sun beaming into our faces, his arm tight around my shoulder, as I recalled the memory.

"Jay, somebody ruined my sand castle!" I cried out, looking at the wet lump of sand that was nearly gone, the remains already being washed away by water. I rubbed my eye with one eye, looking up at my older brother. "Hey, princess, I don't think that was somebody, that was a wave, we can build a better and new one, if you want?" He leaned down on his knees, to my height, rubbing the tears of my cheeks.

"Ya!" I slapped his hand away and sat down in the sand, gathering sand in my little fists. He sat down beside me, helping me to build the first tower. My hands were full of sand after we were done and I had an idea, a very messy idea.

I turned to my brother, who had added a few shells, "Jay?" He turned his hand and smiled at the sight of me, "Close yow eyes!" I already giggled, being proud of myself for such a plan. He closed his eyes, smirking. I gathered a bit ore sand in my hands, and rubbed his cheeks with the palms of my hands, making the sand cover both sides of his faces.

He gasped and opened his eyes, "Savannah Marino!" I stood up, wobbling away to the shore, but he soon caught up with me, picking me up and holding me while getting in the water. I giggled at the sight of the sand on his cheeks. "That wasn't very nice, now you have to help me wash it off." He pouted and I giggled even more.

I dipped my hands in the water and stroked his cheek, washing off the sand already. I felt happy, just me, my brother, and the beach. As if we were the only people on the world. "Now that feels better." He said, after I had washed off most of the sand. he still held me protective and gave me a kiss on the nose.

Those memories, I wish they had lasted for ever, but I remembered a quote from somebody, "All good things must come to an end."

And that person was right, I just never thought that it would end so soon.

.................................................................................................................................

Helloooo, filler chapter and some information, what did you think of the song that I picked, it kind of reminds me of some people, a group tbh.

Anyways, I hoped you liked this chapter and many more will come.

Wordcount: 824

VOTE and COMMENT

-Cookie out-