𝐼 𝑀𝑖𝑠𝑠 𝑌𝑜𝑢

S A V A N N A H

-Monday-

My alarm woke me up. 05:00 AM. A good morning to start the day as I listened to the birds and looked out on the streets. My room was on the second floor, next to my brother's old room, and the bathroom we shared, along with our parents bedroom, that I never dared to enter.

I shut off the beeping alarm and walked out of my room, still in my shirt and cloth shorts, hoping that Jason was lying in his bed, resting peacefully, waiting for me to wake him up for school.

I opened his door that was covered in 'Queen' and 'Cro' Posters and went to his window, tugging at the curtains, letting the sun shine through. "Wake up dear brother!" I shouted and turned around to his bed, only to find it empty. Again.

And then I realized.

"I miss you." I whispered as I laid back on his bed, taking in the last bits of his smell. The covers weren't warm, the pillows didn't show any sign of a person that had been sleeping on them. It was just my imagination and hope, that thought my brother was still here, with me.

I looked around his room, looking at the pictures that were hanging on the wall. I stood up and took one that was hanging on the wall. It was showing our parents, Jason, and me. We were all in blue, bare foot, standing on sand, by the shore, It was a family trip, the last one, to be honest.

I put it back on the wall, next to pictures of him and his friends that were taken on crazy parties where my mom had to pick him up in the middle of the night, furious because it was past midnight.

I laughed a bit at the old memories, and went out of his room, back to mine, grabbing my phone.

My room was simple, a bed in the middle, opposite of the door, a small dresser at one side, on the other side my window, my desk, and some shelves. I didn't posses many things, and the only ones that meant something to me was the black little box, always standing at the same place, on my desk. It held a picture of me and Jason, a necklace from my mother, and my father's favorite ring.

I took out a pair of ripped, oversized jeans and a baby blue knitted crop top with spaghetti straps, and my usual black vans. It was a special edition and had some Spongebob figures on them, which my brother had giving me on my 13 birthday. I had stopped growing since, but I was still pretty tall.

I went back over to the tiny bathroom that we all had shared, and took out a hairbrush, to untangle my hair. It was the most what I liked about myself because I had long, blond hair that was in beach waves before you even styled them. The only thing that bothered me was that they were already messy after 5 minutes of brushing. I brushed my teeth, cleaned my face, did the usual, mascara, a bit of highlighter, and that was it. I didn't use much make up, because I thought that even though with my scar on my left cheek, and my skin that wasn't always clear, I liked myself. Maybe not as much as I should, but I still did. It wasn't an abnormal large scar, you could barely see it, even if you stood directly opposite of me, so nobody noticed.

I already heard River when I went down the stairs. "Who wants breakfast? Oh yes you do!" I petted her when I was in the kitchen, her barking at my response. I took out one of the mid sized bones from one of the cabinets and turned back around to her. My nose twitched at the smell, why did dog food always reek? "You want it? Catch!" I threw it onto the sofa and she immediately followed the bone to where it had landed, making the floor crack while she hopped towards her prey, excited.

The kitchen in the house was small, yet perfect for one person. One one side there were counters with a stove and a sink, while on the other side was a table with two bar stools. I made myself a coffee from the machine that stood on the table, next to the toaster, while looking at my beloved huskey's joy of finding her bone. I went over to the fridge, looking at what I had left and sighed at the sight of some yoghurt, Oatmilk, frozen berries, and chinese leftovers. "Guess today is only breakfast for you! Enjoy!" I filled up her water bowl and laid three other small bones next to it, incase she got hungry again.