𝑁𝑜 𝐴𝑙𝑎𝑟𝑚

I S A B E L L A

-Friday-

I woke up without an alarm, which was a surprise. What was wrong with me? I had two days without using the alarm. Usually I'd slam the snooze button five times and then throw it against a wall to silence it.

I got out of bed and immediately missed the cozy warm sheets. There wasn't any sign of the sun, instead grey clouds were visible. What was wrong with this planet? One day it rains, the next it's sunny and then it rains again.

I changed into a simple hoodie and jeans. Like always. My hair was in a loose ponytail and I covered what was left of the bruise on my eye with concealer, added mascara and that was it.

The bruise was nearly gone, fortunately.
And I didn't need to cover it up, it was nearly invisible.

I grabbed my phone and went downstairs only to see Liam and Logan gaming in the living room. Couldn't they live a day without gaming? It was rather annoying.

Nobody was in the kitchen and I looked around for a while, until I asked, "Can one of you guys drive me? It seems like you are the only ones here." Liam looked at me and then at Logan.

Where was James? Liam and James always did something together, but never James and Logan.

"I'll drive her." Logan nodded, still not paying attention and Liam went to grab his keys. "C'mon on Bella." I nodded and followed him.

Why was he acting so nice?

We went outside and towards his car, until he stopped right in front of the passengers seat door and turned to me. "Don't you dare to do anything stupid today. I swear, if I hear anything, even if it's just getting out of class for swearing, I promise, you'll regret it." I couldn't hold back and chuckled at his words until he grabbed my chin. "I'm serious, Bella. Behave today."

"Make me." I wasn't going to get intimidated by my brother who was one year older. He glared at me. "I can make life hell for you, Bella. In school, you are prey. Believe me, I am capable of that, even if we are siblings." I gulped and he smiled, letting go of my chin.

I took a seat behind him and buckled up. He started the engine and drove in direction school. I looked out the window, ignoring the tenseness in the car.

You are prey, these thoughts rummaged through my mind during the ride.

............

We finally had reached the parking lot and I pulled at the handle, trying to open it. "Liaaaammmm." I whined.

I knew that he was serious, but I wasn't playing around either.

He gave me a warning look and unlocked the door. "Thanks loser." I flipped him off and walked towards the school entrance. I was definitely testing my limits today.

I saw Hunter standing with a group of boys near the entrance and walked towards them. They all had brown hair and were around the same height as him. Hunter turned around and ran towards me, his shoes echoing.

He pulled me into a hug and whispered in my ear, "You're okay." I looked up to him and asked, "Why shouldn't I be?" He stopped the hug and answered, "Are you serious? You haven't answered my texts the last days!"