𝐻𝑜𝑚𝑒

-ISABELLA-

"And we're here! Somebody wake up Bella, nicely." I shot up from my seat as I heard my name, again, half asleep, but I didn't want to fall on the floor again, so my sleep wasn't deep. "I'm awake, I'm awake!" I shouted, so nobody would get pushed this time.

Elijah stopped the engine, while I looked out of the window, seeing the familiar mansion again. Two people were standing in front of the grand stairs that were leading up to the entrance doors, and they waved. He parked somewhere near, and I identified the figure as Jennifer and one of her son's. I didn't know who it was to me some of them looked the same, and I still had a hard time knowing their names.

Both of them waved, Jennifer had an eager smile on her face, while we all got ready to leave the car. It had begun to get stuffy in here, and I was in desperate need of fresh air, especially because I knew that at least one of my brothers were going to puke, at least once.

I came out of the car as one of the last people, while the others where already hugging my new step-mom. I gave her a small smile before she embraced me too, and I smelt her lemon perfume. she looked pretty as always, a high bun, a sun flower dress, and some white sneakers. The dress reminded me of my mother, but there was no time for that thought, because we headed up the stairs. "It's so good to see you all, was the car ride okay?" It was a typical question, yet it felt like she actually wanted to know.

"Just traffic, and it took us longer because of breakfast." Will gave her a short answer and just now I saw the height difference between my brother and Jennifer. She looked about 5,5 while I knew that he was about 6,1. My bag still hung over my shoulder, the wooden box now inside of it, because I was cautious, and didn't want anybody looking at my stuff or snooping around. Privacy was a key for me, and if this couldn't be full filled here, then I was going to sleep in a fucking shed if I needed to, or shove things in front of my room door. It was probably going to be option one.

Jennifer opened the doors and we all stepped inside, and I mentally gasped. The entrance hall was quite a mess, full of cartons, sports stuff like soccer balls and tennis rackets, along with ski's and snowboards. Some larger furniture stood there too and I wondered about how they got that down the stairs. "Sorry for the mess, we didn't know that you would come here so early and with a big family, it's hard to discipline them all." She gave us an embarrassed look, but the twins started to laugh. "Oh please, you should've looked at our rooms. They were a disaster." Elijah nudged his shoulder after his comment while he silently apologized for the comment.

I didn't think that they knew that we were going to live here, which meant that we should feel ourselves at home. It was very likely that Jennifer wanted us to feel at home, as she seemed very bubbly and friendly. "Oh please tell me about it. Seven kids, some of the still going through puberty." I snickered at her comment, while I heard a shout come from somewhere near us, "Mom!"

"Be mad at me when you clean your room! I don't have time for your complaints, if you don't have time to look at least like you did something today!" We all needed to laugh and I heard somebody groan.

"Okay, so lest gather around for Lunch and then we can discuss the rest. Sadly, Nathaniel couldn't join us because of work, but he'll come home soon." I looked at Lucas the second he commented something under his breath. He looked annoyed, but it wasn't new, what more surprised me was that William was with us today because he was more at work than our father.

She led us back to the room where we had ate sushi only a few days ago, and she shouted, "Kids! Come down everybody for Lunch! No eating in your rooms!" I heard many footsteps coming from the stairs, and a few complaints. I felt somewhat bad for them, because it was partly our fault that many things were going to change here.