𝐼'𝑙𝑙 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘

I S A B E L L A

I quickly dozed off as Kyle started the engine. Of course, there was a high chance that I'd get kidnapped, but it wouldn't make my life more miserable. It was a surprise that I even got into a car with him, I didn't even know his full name. There was just something about him. Something that made him special, something I didn't know of. I was just so desperate to find out more. 

I packed the baseball bat into my bag with the other things like loose papers, multiple pens, and random sketches. I felt comfortable for once, even though I was in this murder machine, but that didn't matter to me. I thought that I could relax for a few moments before going back to reality. Something I had deserved.

A rattling sound, coming from the engine, awoke me and Kyle sighed, "The engine, sorry. I will have to stop somewhere." I nodded and looked at his white knuckles clutching the steering wheel. He was nervous. Nervous because he didn't tell me something. A secret that was about to come out any second. I hated these kinds of secrets. It was obvious to see when somebody held such a secret but you just couldn't ask because it would make everything more awkward than it already was in this suffocating car.

He drove another minutes and then stopped at a small gas station. The worn out LED lights flickered and flies buzzed around the smell of burnt plastic that came from tires left on a pile. The moon had risen and the starts were visible today. It was a beautiful night.

Kyle got out of the car and towards the front of it. "Kick it! Like in the movies!", I shouted out of the opened window, my hands on the window sill, and he grunted. "We don't have any other choice, even though I don't believe that'll work." He kicked it a few times and the engine gave a small roaring sound until the engine started again.

Kyle got in and I smirked at his frustration that I was right. "Told ya!", I said and he turned towards me. A glare was spread across his face with a little hint of a smile. He drove off again and we left the yellow lighted station. There was tension in the car so I did, what I always do. Break it.

"There's something you're not telling me. Why didn't you just tell me and leave?", I was actually curios right now. He could've just tell me, call me after that if I needed to talk or something. I would've never expected him to do this. To drive with a girl he didn't know in a car to the middle of nowhere. "You'll see soon enough." Creepy much.

"I swear, I'm gonna jump out of the car window, while you're driving, if you won't answer my question. I know that you know more and you are not telling me." Old 80's music was coming from the radio and I was silently humming to it. The car was silent other than that until Kyle sighed. "I don't believe you'll do anything like that.", a chuckle escaped his mouth.

"Try me, bitch.", I turned towards him and his eyes widened. "I got into a car with a total stranger and trusted him and now you won't tell me anything anymore! That doesn't make any sense!" I threw my hands up into the air and he sighed. "I promise, I'll tell you everything when we arrive. Have patience."

"I have the patience of a 2 year old, you should know by now." My thumb pressed on a button that was under the window and over the door handle. The window of the door pulled down and I reached out my arm to feel the wind as we entered a tunnel. The lights of the tunnel were dim and shined a greasy yellow onto the walls. The streets weren't crowded but also not empty, so there weren't any cars in front of us that were in a reach of 20 meters.

I pulled my top body up and out of the window.  My brown hair was flowing in the wind and it felt good. It felt like all my sorrows were gone. Like everything was perfect. Perfect until Kyle pulled at my wrist. I slumped back in my seat. "So now I can't have fun anymore?"