𝑄𝑢𝑖𝑐𝑘 𝐸𝑠𝑐𝑎𝑝𝑒

S O P H I E

I slumped against my door, wanting to cry. I never had the chance to go anywhere without my brother being with me, "watching out for me," as he would call it. It annoyed me; I didn't have any privacy. Sure, it was understandable because of all the illegal shit he had to deal with, but that wasn't my fault, was it? He chose that life and it had nothing to do with me, absolutely nothing. I never sold drugs, never even touched a gun, even if I would want to, I wasn't allowed, never was with him when he made those "deals".

I couldn't cry though, it would ruin my makeup that took me hours to do, see, I even snuck out to go to the mall for that dress.

-Where are you?- A message popped up on my phone screen and I sighed. I didn't know what was right to do, but I knew what I wanted to do wouldn't be completely fair towards Jayden and that was what pained me. I didn't want to lie to my brother, he was the only one being there for me, but on the other side he was way to overprotective of me. I should be living my life and not be stuck in this building; it wouldn't do me good after some time. What should I tell others? That I spent my best years in a New York city apartment moping around and having no contact to others? That doesn't sound nice at all.

I had two options, maybe three, convince him to drive me there and we would make out a fair time for me to come home, staying here and watching YouTube, or sneaking out. The first option wouldn't work because Jayden made sure to always get his way, no matter about what, the second option would be the best for me and for Jayden, because I wouldn't make any problems, but it wouldn't get me anywhere. S it would be the last option, I just didn't know how to do it. Sure, sneaking out to go to the mall was easy, because Jayden hadn't been at home this morning, but right now he was only a few meters away from me. One wrong move and I would be officially doomed.

-Just wait a few minutes more, I'll come down- I texted him and stood up walking towards my mirror. I adjusted my dress, brushed away a few strands of hair form my face and wiped away the mascara that had gone onto my cheeks. It was a cheap and bad one, because I absolutely had no knowledge of makeup, it was the second time that I was wearing it. Of course, I wanted to change that as well, but again, I had an overprotective brother following me everywhere I went.

I didn't even have a plan how I would get back here, how long I would stay or what I would do if I would get caught. I was taking a great risk, but I had to. Lilly celebrated her fifteenth birthday, I just had to be there to see her, it had been months, a surprise that she even had invited me.

I opened my bedroom door as quietly as possible, thanking that it wasn't an old and wooden one, and picked up my heels from the floor, carrying them in one hand. My footsteps didn't echo, and soon enough I had to pass Jayden's room. I leaned against his bedroom door and listened, only hearing his even breathing. "That douche is sleeping? Seriously?", I scoffed.

The stone floor was cold in the elevator, but I couldn't walk in those heels, they were too loud. Suddenly, the elevator stopped, making my heart jump.

"Oh, hello Sophie." It had been my father. I held a hand to my chest, hoping that he wouldn't ruin my plan. I gave him a little wave and smile. Father and I weren't exactly close, but I was still polite and listened to him. He didn't know anything about my life, and I didn't know any about his, that was fine, none of us wanted to change it. "Where are you going in this outfit at this hour?" To be honest, it was 6 pm, a little early to go to a party, but Lilly would end the party soon enough so that nobody would get screamed at, at home about how late it would be.

"I'm going to a friends party.", I didn't know what I could and couldn't say to this man, because every small wrong move could get me back up in my room, I wouldn't want to risk anything.

"Does Jayden know you're going?" He eyed me a bit worried, but I wasn't planning on giving him a reason to. I nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes, he wanted to drive me, but it's not that far away." Father nodded as well and left the elevator soon enough, before we reached the ground floor. It wasn't dark outside, and the assistants looked at me weirdly. I put on my heels as soon as I reached the glass entrance door.

I inhaled the air as I stepped outside, now I could finally relax, nobody would get me from going to that party. A car honked and my eyes went to him. "Relax, I'm here!" I threw my arms up in the air and looked at Noah, Lilly's older brother, while taking a seat next to him.

"I didn't know that it would be such a fuss to pick up my little sister's best friend." He rolled his eyes, and I slapped his shoulder. "Hey careful, I'm older and stronger, so stop it." I chuckled under my breath. "Don't even get why she is friends with you."

"Excuse me? I am the most charming person you'll ever meet." I held my hand in front of my chest, being dramatic as always, but was I wrong? He wanted to say something against it, but I cut him off. "Just shut up and drive, will you?"

I didn't have time for him, I just wanted to see Lilly and that was it.

...........................................................................................................

Okay, what do you like more, shorter or longer chapters, of course this has nothing to do with the actual story, but I would like to know what most readers like more.

Oh and maybe you would like to check out my other book, its called my secret lover currently but that title will probs change, so yeah!

Thanks for reading and drink water!

🍪VOTE and COMMENT🍪

-Cookie out-