𝐴 𝑐𝑜𝑛𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑠𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑜 𝑎 𝑑𝑒𝑎𝑙

S A V A N N A H

It startled me, the moment that Isabella decided it would be good to invite me to her birthday party. Yes, I used to love parties, but with Jayden I still had history, so it wasn't going to be easy with him. I didn't specifically want to kill him, I just wanted him to leave me alone, which wasn't what he wanted. I needed to make sure that he wouldn't blow my cover tonight.

The other thing that worried me, were her brothers. I didn't know if I could ever have a normal conversation with them again, so I didn't look forward to this dinner. On the other side, I didn't have anything better to do and I needed distraction from my sadness, so I was going to be there.

Nothing would go wrong, her brothers would see that I wasn't the broken girl that they were looking at, that I was fine, and that everything was going to be okay. I didn't care anymore, to be honest, I didn't care what Isabella thought about me, or the others, I just didn't want them caring for me, it was plain annoying.

I'd still have to talk with Jayden though, I didn't want the others to know about that. I didn't even know how he found out about my school, but I had my sources and he probably had too, I just had to pull out my acting skills again.

So now I was sitting here, leaning against the locker, listening to 'Freaks' by Surf Curse, in one of the more abandoned hallways of the school. Not a single tear fell down my cheek, I just was a little overwhelmed and was trying to focus more on the music than on my surroundings.

'I am just a freak' I sang with, more in a whisper voice, trying to calm my breathing. The hallway was a bit blurry and I was wishing. Wishing for this to end, to fall asleep and let the lights go out, to let go. I wished for the end, I wished for everybody to leave me alone and just let me alone. I was better off alone, because I hurt people, and Isabella didn't see that. I hurt people, mentally, I had no filter, I had high walls, I didn't let anybody in, I was not comfortable around people.

I just wished them to stop. Stop caring, stop looking at me, stop speaking to me, because once I would let them in, they'll leave. They would've left me and I didn't have the strength to build up my walls again, I couldn't do this anymore.

So, I'm going to stay cold, until they leave me alone, it's all I can do.

I stood up and roamed through the halls, until I saw Jayden outside, leaning against his classroom door and waiting. He was probably kicked out and I hurried behind the corner, trying to breath. "You got this, don't let him intimidate you." I whispered to myself and put my headphones back in. I started walking past him, lost in my own thoughts before he gripped my shoulder.

"What?" I hissed and turned to him, he had a slight grin on his face, "I'd love to throw you on the floor right now, darling." He whispered and I scoffed, "Oh yeah, your'e not even capable of that so shut it, or do you want another bleeding nose, just like last time?" I scrunched up my nose and pulled myself away, keeping on walking away from him.

"Pretty girl, you can't run, and you can't blow our covers either." He muttered into my ear and I felt his breath on my neck, which made me shiver and back away. I couldn't bare people touching me right now, especially not him. "How did you find out?" I asked, leaning against the wall. He chuckled a little before he answered, "It wasn't hard finding you, your'e pretty popular here."

I rolled my eyes at his comment, "As if you would know." He placed his hand next to my head on the wall and leaned forward. I swallowed until he added, "I do know a lot about you, the alcohol, the family issues." He wanted to carry on, but I slapped him. "You know nothing, and you have no right to assume anything about my life, so fuck off and get back to hell where you belong." I hissed and rushed away.