𝐷𝑜𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑑 𝑇ℎ𝑢𝑟𝑠𝑑𝑎𝑦

S A V A N N A H

-Thursday-

Today was a Thursday, a pretty doomed Thursday if you would've asked me, but who would've asked the girl that was currently crossing the busy streets of New York, trying to not get run over by car, ask what kind of day today was?

The day had started nice. I skipped going to the bar today and got an extra hour of sleep, I gave River more treats than usual, I paid attention in class, hell I even said yes to getting a coffee with Isabella after school before this. Yet, my karma decided it wasn't worth showing up today, and neither was my luck.

The wind was messing up my hair and my coat was flowing in the wind, as I tried to somewhat not trip as I ran in my sneakers. It was a rather cold day today, still no rain, as I looked for the address that was messaged to me. My phone in my one hand, the case in my other. It had begun to get heavier, but that was only my imagination.

I stopped as I saw the grand building that stood there, in front of me. I felt powerless as i looked up, seeing the address in metal letters above the entrance. I let the paper note slip away from my hand and carried on walking up the stairs, looking forward and avoiding everything around me.

This boy was really testing my anger issues, and I wasn't in for it.

I pushed open the large milky glass doors, getting ready for anything. Yet, this was surprising. The opening hall was also large, it had high ceilings and a long white marble counter with a secretary standing behind it. She wore an easy black uniform, still looking professional as I approached her. The door shut behind me, an echo running through the room, giving me shudders, as I cleared my throat for her to notice me.

She looked up from her screen, her big green eyes looking at me, nearly judging me with her look. I stood tall and held my chin up, to see that I wasn't intimidated, but today was just not the day. "Hey, how can I help you?" Her tone was sweet and polite, so I was startled when our just starting conversation had been interrupted by somebody's foot steps nearing us.

I looked to the left and saw him. Jayden was in a pair of jeans and oversized shirt, combing through his hair with his hand as he looked at me. He still seemed like the stupid boy I met a few days ago, so I scoffed, "Decided it would be nice to greet me yourself?" He smirked and gave the secretary a thankful nodded, at the same time signaling me to follow him.

We went towards the elevators and didn't exchange any words until we were inside the elevator, awkwardly standing there, as I felt like a middle schooler all over again. "Not a suit today, huh?" I asked, referring back to Isabella's dinner, "Didn't want to intimidate you like last time." He shot back and I couldn't help it, but let out a laugh. "Intimidate? You? Me? Who kicked your ass that night?"

The elevator stopped and I followed him, up to his office, which was sleek and modern, yet kind of welcoming. I felt nervous as I sat down, he doing the same, opposite of me. "Guns." He said, leaning back in his chair, looking at the black case. It was untouched, only opened once that day, and after that I had left it alone, now laying in my lap secured. "Money." I answered, not loosing against him. I knew that this wasn't going to happen like last time, he didn't want to loose again, but neither was I.

He opened one of the drawers under his desk and pulled out three bundles of money, all tightly wrapped together with a rubber band. I wanted to just grab the money right now, but remembered in what situation I was. I slid the suit case over towards him, and I could see his small smile. Yet, I kept my hand on the handle of the case as he wanted to lift it from the table. "How much is this?" I asked pointing with my free hand to the money. "3 thousand."