13.Emotions.

Songs:

-Adore You by Miley Cyrus

-Do I Wanna Know by Arctic Monkeys

-Fool For You by Zayn

Trying to walk out the pain was not the best option, since the helicarrier landed you could barely stand and you could definitely tell that the only thing that made keep going was the adrenaline that faded off by your arrival.

Loki held out a hand to you, so you could hang on to him. You were stubborn usually, but his harm would have been much more stable and safe option since you couldn't rely on conjuring something due to the pain. The only thing you were able to form was a water cast around your foot to keep it safe from bumping into anything.

You took his hand as you tried to give him a smile, yet the pain washed through your face as you stood up.

Natasha and Tony were already taking the twins and the laptop out as you and Loki were slowly descending the helicarrier.

As you walked in the structure you hoped you didn't break your foot, it would have crushed you. If that was the case, you would have to skip the big mission that was coming up soon that everyone's excited about.

"Nice job everyone" Tony echoed in the conference room as he got in after sending the twins to a quick check up in Bruce's lab before returning them to their parents.

"Now let's inform Fury about the outcome of the mission before he'll start bitching at us" he took the silver suitcase and tried to open it. 

"In the meantime, are you all alright?" he asked making sure everyone was fine. As everyone nodded you were the only one shaking your head, your foot still tremendously aching.

"I think I sprained my foot" you admitted as you pointed at the leg: the foot was still wrapped up in the water cast to hold it still.

"JARVIS inform Bruce that y/n is on her way" Tony's voice echoes as he gestured you to stan up and go. Loki quickly moved before you to offer his arm again, which you gladly accepted again.

You quietly made your way to the lab where the two kids were undergoing some sort of scan.

Bruce emerged from the back of the lab, fixing his glasses as he waved at you. "Y/n are you ok?" he asked.

"No, I fell and now my foot is swollen" you asked still holding on to Loki while Bruce got closer to inspect it. 

"Take off your boot and sit there" he pointed at one of the lab beds nearby as Loki helped you out reaching it and pulling you up, then he sat on the chair next to it.

You got your foot scanned and some painkillers and after a solid half hour your foot was bandaged and ready to go. 

"Don't apply pressure on it, you have to rest" Bruce handed you a crutch to walk around without help. 

You were so tired at that point that you only muttered something before getting out to get back to bed. You were definitely unaware of the few steps you had to make out of the lab, but luckily enough Loki was able to catch you before you hit the ground, holding you bridal style before calling for someone to open the entrance to your rooms.

It took you few seconds to fall asleep in his arms as you were carried upstairs.

-

The soft and slender fingers running through your hair, those green eyes locked on yours and a burning sensation in your gut.

For a moment you forgot how to breathe as you got closer and felt the need to close the distance between you and him. 

The other hand holding you tight letting you feel his fast heartbeat close to yours. 

His breath hitting your skin as you inhaled his sweet smell.

And as your lips where finally colliding your eyes flung open.

You groaned as you realized you had to pee at two in the morning, but as you laid there deciding on what to do, your brain finally connected. 

No you thought scared. It can't be. 

"No, I don't like him" you repeated as you got up. "He is just a friend"  you started walking back and forth in your room until you felt the need to pee again.

You rushed to the bathroom, you couldn't stop tapping your foot the second you would stop, your head growing lighter as you felt the air leaving your lungs.

You ended up laying on the bathroom floor, your legs curled up to your chest, realizing what was going on. 

It hit you. Hard, but you did everything you could to take it off your brain. 

"It's normal" you reassured yourself. "Everyone fantasizes about their friends at a certain point, right?" your head was pounding with thoughts and your heart was so fast you could feel it in your throat.

You thought about him a lot, you cared if he was ok, being close to him gave you the chills and you were eager to spend time with him. Is that what love feels like? You asked yourself completely foreign to those feelings.

That's not how it works, c'mon. You kept talking to yourself trying to convince yourself.

Listen, me. It was just a dream. You breathed out as you stood up, rushing through your room again and laying back in your bed.

It took you hours to get rid of those thoughts, until you closed your eyes once again to try and get some sleep, thinking about something reassuring.

Without even realizing, the first thing that came to your mind was him. Holding you tightly, telling you that it's ok, reminding you to breathe, until you drifted once again.