30. Puzzles

Songs:

-Nocturne No.1 in B flat minor, Op.9 No.1 by Chopin

-Autumn Leaves by Ed Sheeran

-For your Love by Maneskin

-Fucking with my Head by Palaye Royale

It was like being in a bubble everything was muffled and felt distant, yet you needed rest so you abandoned yourself at the gentle floating.

Conversations, movements, sounds, everything felt like it was happening slower around you. You were still conscious, able to pick up some of the conversations, yet your body was sore and numb enough to keep you from participating in it.

You lost perception of time as you somewhat rested. You felt like a ragdoll in the hands of a child as you were carried out of the quinjet and back to your quarters.

As you were held, you could feel your head hit the firm chest as the familiar scent of freshly cut grass and wood filled your nostrils. The strong harms were rocking your body as you focused on the steps echoing in your head, the only sound in the structure at the moment.

As the door swung open and you crossed your room's entrance, a dulled conversation caught your wimpy attention, recognizing instantly the voices even though almost asleep.

"Steven" Loki's approached the room, resting against the doorframe, staring at the soldier holding you.

"Loki" Steve's voice was calm as he carried you to the bed and rested you on top of it.

"What are you doing here?" you could hear Loki's footsteps as he made his way in the room. It was a weird sensation, you were so self-aware it almost felt like you were not actually half asleep. It was almost as someone was keeping you from completely loosing grip.

"I could ask you the same thing"

Steve was fixing the bed, gently patting the pillow, moving the bedsheets around ready to tuck you in, while Loki was judging his behaviour and, as Steve fluffed his pillow, his body instantly tensed up.

"I'm dropping her off, clearly. How about you?" he asked curiously as he started roaming around the room, looking for something.

"Nothing that concerns you" Loki spat out as he got closer to the bed.

"If it's about Y/n, it does concern me. So speak up." Steve made his way back to the bed, sitting on the side, facing Loki that was still standing up. He was playing with something as the conversation went on.

Loki walked away, stopping in front of the window silently, pondering for a few minutes before Steve spoke again.

"So, are you going to spill some beans or will you leave so I can finish here?" Steve was growing impatient as he stared at the God in front of him.

"Finish? What are you going to do?" he turned skeptically. You could tell he was starting to show some signs of jealousy. You could tell that if you turned towards him in that moment, his hands would have give it all out.

"Getting her ready to sleep" He stated the obvious as Loki got closer, you could tell Loki was really close to explode.

"You are going to undress her?" You could feel his body fully tensing up, his hands curling in tight fists as he slightly bent in front of the soldier.

"Does it bother you?" Steve fixed his position, resting his palms on the bed as he stretched his back.

"No" You and Loki knew it was a lie, yet he fooled the man in front of him. That was the moment when you realized that Steve was holding his breath for some reason .