38. Alabaster

Songs:

-Monster (Under my Bed) by Call me Karizma

-Never Let Me Go by Florence + The Machine

-Just Another Ghost by Hawthorne Heights

-Dandelions by Ruth B.

The knife pressed against the skin, tracing each finger with impeccable precision and slowly making it's way up. The more the knife would mark your skin, the more the familiar azure glow would emerge from it.

This image replayed over and over in your head until you were silently washed over by the blue light, and fell in a darker hole.

A voice echoed in the depths of the unfamiliar place. A devastated, dim and empty room. "You are a fool if you think you can avoid all of this" A deep voice laughed darkly few meters away from you. You were carefully hidden yet you could still see most of the place.

The man was covered by the lack of light as he sat on his ruined throne. A low cough from a familiar voice caused you to instantly snap to the other side of the room.

Loki was laying on the floor in front of the man. You could tell his body was not in the best physical condition since you could spot a bruise on his face from the distance.

The man was towering over Loki, his eyes hoovering on the God as he had him like a spider in a glass: utterly unable to fight the situation.

You wanted to scream, get up, help him but you were frozen unable to do anything as the foreign voice kept going.

"You had one job, and you failed as always." He chuckled. "It seems like you really can do no good tsk tsk tsk" His massive feet just inches away from his face. "What am I supposed to do with you?" He kneeled and proceded to wrap his fingers around Loki's skull, pulling him up effortlessly.

You tried to summon all your strength to stop him, yet it was still not enough. A long rush of adrenaline surged through you as Loki's frail voice echoed like you were right next to him. "I'm sorry I failed you" It was barely a whisper, decorated by quick broken breaths.

His skin was paler than ever before, his eyes sunken and he could barely move.

"It's too bad nobody is here to help you" The unknown man echoed again as he stepped back and threw him on the dirty floor. His hands rested on his hips as he turned towards Loki again. "You know what?" He grinned. His white teeth contrasted strongly against the darkness of the room. He sat on the throne, spreading his legs. "Maybe I'll pay a visit to your mother" He rested his head against the headrest.

A cold shiver ran through your body as he kept threatening Loki that was still helpless. "Or maybe that human of yours" He laughed maniacally as he turned right in your direction, shooting you a toothy bone chilling smile. Something that would be imprinted forever in your brain.

As the words of the man echoed in the room, Loki finally snapped and tried to protest, but before he could do anything, two guards got hold of him and dragged him away. Instinctively you let out a cry and as you finally sprinted towards them, they were gone, and you were again strapped to the metal bed.

This time the pain was unbearable as the blade sunk deeply into the flesh, revealing the cartilage that held your ribs together. You were again breatheless, helpless, lost as you passed out.

You eyes swung open, your throat sore and your body along with it. You were still in Loki's room and as the cold settled in your bones along with your fears, you finally realized that Loki's room was significantly colder than any other you've ever been into.

Loki's arms were wrapped around your shivering body, still half covered by the silk sheet. His eyes still closed as he was probably lost in his own dream.