31. July 15th, 2011

Songs:

-(I Just) Died In Your Arms by Cutting Crew

-Champagne Supernova by Oasis

-Feel Something by Bea Miller

-Hold me While you Wait by Lewis Capaldi

"What do you mean with "it might be your family"?" You gasped as he got up.

You couldn't help but stare at Tony's body shifting around the room, quickly reaching over a bookshelf where dozens of folders were stored meticulously.

He didn't answer straight away, leaving you linger for an explanation.

You couldn't catch precisely what he was looking at but, as he pulled out two folders, a shiver ran through your spine. Whatever was in there could have been the answer.

You were so lost in your thoughts that you didn't notice Loki rested his hand atop yours and started tracing indistinct lines on the back of your hand. His delicate touch was comforting as always, a small gesture that revealed subtly that he was still by your side.

The two folders were now resting on the desk. On the right side laid the folder you were supposed to grab, while next to there was a pink folder with a huge lettering that read "July 15th 2011".

July 15th, 2011. Was it supposed to ring a bell?

"This is all the documentation we have on the mission where we found you" Tony explained as he started flipping the pages. "That was the original date of return but, after finding you, we delayed it"

The pink folder contained pictures of doctors, patients, janitors, and God knows who else, soon followed up by blueprints, personal records, analyses over analyses, finishing up with the reports of the mission.

Every now and then Tony would take out quires and pictures. You were drawn by the single pages to the point that you didn't notice that he gathered a whole portion of the folder and sat it aside.

"Why?" Loki asked as he examined the pictures scattered over the desk.

"Y/n's name was plastered on half of the documentation" he handed over a small stacks of pictures that you grabbed. "You were their strongest pawn" he explained as he opened the second folder.

"Pawn?" You asked as you scanned the pictures. It was a series of documents all with one thing in common. Your full name typed in the corner of every page. "So you took me because I was a valuable element?" you raised one eyebrow as you placed the pictures on your lap.

"Nop" he popped the 'p' as he started arranging papers on the desk. "Steve saw the patients and couldn't leave them behind" he looked up before sitting down on his chair. "So we arranged a camp for the night and planned how to take you all out" he sighed

"Why am I the only one here then?" you asked confused. There were at least 20 other patients just by looking at everything that was in front of you, the numbers didn't match.

"Well when we got in, every other patient was dead" he pointed towards the pink folder again as a cold shiver ran through your spine. "In your cell there were three dead teenagers. You were the only patient that survived"

"W-what? From the whole place? Why?" you could feel the contents of your stomach refusing to stay in place as the sudden nausea hit you.

"Do you recall the face of the kid that was in the room?" Tony searched again through the pictures, pulling out all the children and teenagers out of the pile and scattering them over the rest of the documents, derailing from the question.