25. Care

Songs:

-Coraline by Maneskin.

-Secret Love Song pt 2 by Little Mix

-Lay Me Down by Sam Smith

-Say You Won't Let Go by James Arthur

"I'm not going anywhere, little one" his slender fingers brushed your cheeks, before holding you a little tighter against his chest. You could feel his steady heartbeat through the fabric. It takes a solid half-hour of breathing, hugging and support to be able to move or talk again.

"Thank you" you muttered as you fixed your position, gripping on Loki's chest while pulling yourself slightly up. His lips curled in a delicate and comforting smile. 

"How do you feel?" He asked softly as he ran his fingers through your hair.  You simply shrugged as you rested your head on his shoulder. Having him there with you was somewhat reassuring. You could feel your heart lingering for the warming sensation he was offering.

"Do you want some food?" he said with his usual honeyed voice before planting a tender kiss on your forehead.

You shrugged again as you closed your eyes, trying to focus on the positive side. It was nothing new from one point of view, you already knew how to deal with it, for years you coped with the recurring nightmare and this was just the confirmation that it was not your creative brain making up twisted and horrific scenarios. It was heartbreaking, but you were familiar with it, recovering was just routine and his presence made it easier.

You tried to push away the negativity, cherishing what you had with you, burying your head in Loki's neck, taking in the sweet scent of flowers and mint. You were surprised from one point of view that he was there, taking care of you again, but you didn't want to let go.

"Do you want to do something or you'd rather stay here?" he asked still embracing you and playing with your hair, twisting and curling few strands around his long digits.

"I don't know" you muttered finally, his care was reassuring, you missed it and you were going to do anything in your power to keep him close.

"Okay.." he hesitated, thinking for a few seconds before speaking again. "Do you want to take a bath? I can help you-" You stopped him before he could say more. 

He was so prone to speaking in that moment, that you could have taken the chance to lift that burden off your chest and talk to him about what happened. You were not going to miss that opportunity just now.

"Why all this care Loki? Is not that i mind but.." you didn't finish the sentence  while you let your head fall back before looking at him again, your eyes meeting in the middle. 

He nervously swallowed before clenching his jaw "It doesn't feel right to see you in anguish" He swiftly grabbed your left hand, and started kissing your knuckles one at a time, with a tenderness that sent shivers down your spine.

"Then why didn't you stay? Why did you left?" You asked him as you curled again into his arm. His lips still pecking your fingers gently and slowly. It was such a fond gesture, that warmed your heart.

"It's hard to explain" he hesitated before kissing the back of your hand, every single kiss he was leaving had the power to soften any harsh emotion.

"You could try" you invited him as your lips curled into a placid smile.

"I don't think you would understand, it's bigger than what you can take right now" His eyes darkened while his expression shifted quickly as he bit the inside of his mouth, still not letting go of your hand. Not that you minded.