panic attack

Request: Stefan has a panic attack and Elena and Damon help him. A stelena and defan story.

Note: This takes place after he has been rescued out of the quarry

Damon's pov:
Stefan was alone at home and Elena and I entered and saw him clutching the sides of his chair and I could hear his breathing ragged and his heart beating fast . He was gasping for air and tears were running down his face. He was having a panic attack. "Stefan?! Are you okay?" Elena worriedly went near him. Stefan didn't have any reaction. I asked him to move to the floor, he still didn't do anything so I grabbed his shoulder gently and made him sit on the floor while running my hand soothingly through his hair, face and shoulder trying to soothe him "Stefan please calm down-" Elena said "Breathe just breathe it's going to be okay " His tears didn't stop and he was clearly panting for breath. "I- can't" He was in pain and I could see it.

Stefan's pov :
Silas staked me, put me in the safe. I was drowning, again and again, continuously. My lungs felt as if they are going to burst. The burning sensation in my lungs was unbearable. It was so dark. The wet feeling- I hated it. All I could feel was pain when I started hearing voices. I don't know if they are real. They are Damon and Elena's . They are telling me to calm down and breathe. I really am trying but I can't. Everytime I close my eyes I see silas staking me and pushing me into the water. I can't breathe. Is this real? Am I inside the safe again? Didn't I get out. I can't breathe. It's so dark. "Stefan please breathe it's not real" " you can breathe, we're here, calm down please" I could hear both their voices. I tried calming down.

Elena's pov:
His heart was beating so fast. Damon and I both were trying to get him out of his panic attack. I was sure he was thinking about the safe. Who wouldn't. He had been drowning over and over again for 3 months and he was in a safe. It was dark and cramped up. He was strong enough to not switch his humanity off. He's been suffering ever since he came back. He has nightmares and visions of the situation often and it breaks my heart to see him in such pain. "Hey- Stefan focus on my breathing- copy it- just breathe it's going to be okay" At first his teary eyes widened but then he started breathing like me.. I could see he was really trying.. "It h-hurts here" He pointed to his chest "please make it stop" He was sobbing hard and It made my heart ache .. Damon hugged him tight and ran circles up and down his back soothingly. I could see Stefan calming down a bit at his touch but he was still in so much pain and he was crying. " Every time I close me eyes I - I see h-him.. Silas and then the w-water and I start drowning repeatedly .. M-my lungs- they are on fire and It- it hurts so bad and I am so scared please help me I can't-" " It's okay Stefan he's dead.. Breathe, calm down , nothing is going to happen to you. " I tried to reassure him with my words. He seemed convinced but still wouldn't stop crying. Damon held him tighter and murmured something in his ears in Italian and then said "Nothing- no one is going to hurt you, I'm not going to let anything happen to you. You are safe. Breathe. We are here with you. You are not under water. You'll never go through that pain again little brother. I'll protect you. " Stefan snuggled into his chest and looked like a child craving for comfort and his big brother's love . He slowly dozed off. He must be tired. He had been trouble sleeping. All he could see was the tragic things that happened to him those three months. It was hard for him. Somehow right now, the pain way gone . He was sort of peaceful. Damon moved him to his bedroom and I held his hand while he slept.

Author's note: I loved writing this and honestly Stefan deserved so much BETTER he was going through sm and I was kinda mad at Damon and elena during the whole part of it but yea I'll end my rant lmao I hope y'all like this. KEEP REQUESTING!! :)