misunderstanding

Request : Elena hurts Stefan because she thinks he was someone else.. And then helps him

Author's note : set in s5

Elena's pov :
Stefan's memories were back. I'm so glad. I still can't believe that silas impersonated him and we didn't figure it out. I can't believe that we drowned , locked in a safe, again and again for three months and we let him, we didn't do anything . He had been going through so much these days.. He has nightmares, panic attacks and I swear I could hear him sobbing every night since he has been back. It doesn't help my conscience that it was me because of whom he had left mystic falls in the first place. I had broken his heart and chosen his brother..but the past few months..I've been having visions , visions of Stefan, of us.. I have no idea what my feelings are towards Damon, i think it's love.. Then what is it that I feel for Stefan..is that love too?? I'm torn.. I felt engulfed by guilt as I thought about this sitting in mystic grills all alone. All of a sudden I heard a sound..I felt someone come in, or something.. I don't know who. But I'm pretty certain it's someone dangerous.. We do tend to have a lot of enemies, unfortunately. I get ready to kick some ass. Someone behind me touches my shoulded and I hit it the guy in the place it hurts most with all my vampire strength. I turn to see it was silas, I smile, proud of myself.. Oh wait .. The pained expression and the purity in his face tells me this is not Silas, "E-elena.. " He groans, confirming my fear. This was Stefan . I just kicked Stefan. In the worst place possible. Amazing. I was cursing myself. "Shit! Oh my God I'm so sorry stefan- I thought you were someone else- I thought you were silas! " "I-its okay.. " He said , raising his hand in the air, towards me, indicating that he needs help getting up , it  doesn't matter if he's a vampire, getting kicked in the nuts, that too by another stupid vampire who went kicking him with full vamp strength! I was being too paranoid, god I hurt him again! As if I hadn't hurt him enough already.. I felt so guilty.. I took his hand and helped him get up.. "Are you in pain? " " Um, well uh" He chuckled dryly "a bit?" " I'm so sorry I hurt you Stefan.. If I had known it was you, nit silas I would definitely not have-" "I-its okay Elena.. Don't worry about it.. I'm fine.. I guess it really is hard to find out who is who when we literally look the same" He said jokingly , and also as-a- matter-of- fact-ly, with a hint of sarcasm in his tone, " I did expect you to know though.. " Hurt lacing his voice.. He felt betrayed and abandoned, and I really can't blame him, "I'm sorry- I don't know what I'm talking about-" He said, immediately feeling bad about making me feel bad, saintly Stefan! "No- it's okay.. I understand.. But please know, that we're sorry, REALLY SORRY.. We love you Stefan, we care about you.. I CARE ABOUT YOU.. " I said reassuringly but this did not comfort him.. He kept staring at the floor..His eyes we're filled with doubt and loneliness and I could see him being lost in the pain and agony. "Hey.. Look at me.. " I cupped his face and turned it towards me.. " Trust me... Nothing bad is ever going to happen to you again.. I will always be there for you.. Don't ever.. EVER.. Think you're alone.. I'm sorry for what happened.. SO SORRY, but please don't feel unloved, because that's not true.. You are loved.. Everyone loves you.. I, Love you. " I said as I rested my forehead close to his. I felt him relaxing and smiling.. " So did I hurt you bad down there?? I am pretty tough and uh we all know you are a bit of a sissy " I said jokingly "unkind. Take it back." He said returning the joke, with a smile etched on his face " And I am okay"

Author's note : I hope y'all liked this. Stay safe, stay healthy, love you all SO MUCH.