past fear

Request : the tvd gang goes swimming in the quarry and Stefan is afraid. A stelena /defan story

Elena:
It was a sunny morning and unlike literally all the time, we had no one trying to kill us. I was in bed with Stefan. He was sweating, kind of. He got nightmares sometimes.. I was there to help him through it and he was getting better. "Hey.. " He opened his eyes and turned to me "good morning " "Good morning " He replied in his hoarse morning voice. "How are you? " I asked.. Clearly wanting to know why he was sweating, "I'm fine " He started getting up and going to clean himself up. I noticed he started to hate showering, even though he had to he would try to avoid it. He was clearly still struggling. He got up and showered I saw how panicky he was while drying himself with his towel. We went to the Hall and heard a knock. It was Caroline. She was full of energy, as always. "Hey! So.. It's been so boring these days I was planning on going to the quarry, swimming let's say? " "Yea sure let's!! " I wanted to go too.. I looked over at Stefan and he hesitantly nodded. Damon came out of his room and got acquainted with the plan.. He was pretty excited too. We all decided to meet up at the quarry in an hour or so. We went there and saw Jeremy, bonnie, Caroline, Tyler and matt were already there.

Stefan's Pov:
I could hear the water splashing around and I hated it. I hated water. It was wet and cold and it reminded me of the time when I was in the safe drowning over and over again for three months and I felt the cold water against my skin all the time making it go numb. I closed my eyes and Clenched my fists involuntarily. It was overwhelming being near water, especially the quarry water again. it's been almost an year now and I know I should get over it and I really try to but I can't. It scares me . "Hey.. Let's go inside the water! " Bonnie said and Jeremy and Tyler obeyed, followed by matt and Caroline. "Come on!" Caroline said in her normal excited  tone. Damon started going into the water but then took a step back and looked at me, " Hey.. You okay? " " Yea yea I'm fine" "Come on then" He said as he took my hand and went closer to the quarry as Elena followed. Damon jumped in and waited for me. I put a leg inside the water but as soon as I did that I saw Silas staking me and pushing me down the quarry and me locked in a dark safe drowning again and again while my lungs felt as if on fire and I couldn't breathe. I took my leg out of the water and involuntarily crawled away. When I felt Damon's wet hand on my shoulder it startled me. I knew he was trying to help but I was scared. Both Damon and Elena started trying to calm me down and I felt as if I started breathing with their help. The visions started going away and I returned back to the present but I still was scared.

Damon's pov:
"Stefan it's okay.. Nobody's gonna hurt you. We're all here. It's just water. You're gonna be okay " "Stefan calm down" I could hear Elena's voice as well. He was okay now but still pretty shaken up and clearly still afraid of water .  Elena took his hand and urged him to go in, to overcome his fear .. "I don't think i can-" "You can little brother , just breathe calm down and give it a go, know that we're all here" "You're safe Stefan, nothing's gonna happen " Saying this she jumped in as well. Stefan slowly got into the water. He was still frightened. But sort of relieved as he felt himself not reliving the worst moments of his life. He smiled and we all smiled back at him. It was a fun day.

Author's note : I hope you like it and I'd just like to tell y'all that I'm up for writing fics about other characters too lmao😂