Chapter Four

Everyone was hanged over except grace and I but she sleeps until the afternoon meaning I'm alone in the morning. Everyone decided to sleep over at our house since it was the closest and mom doesn't live here anyways. No adult to yell at us.

I wanted to get a workout in so I grabbed storms leash and decided to go out for a run. Even though we have our own gym I like running outside it's more calming.

"You heading out?" a groggy voice behind me speaks. Mathias knight shirtless in my kitchen what every girl would love to see. I really hope this is a dream.

Eww stoppp

"Yeah I'm going out for a run with storm isn't that right bud" I say grabbing storm in my hands.

"Storm once you see an escape run okay?" He tells my dog which he responds in a bark getting a gasp from me "yeah good boy" he laughs getting a water from the fridge.

"Where you running to anyways"

"I was planning on going around the park and stopping by the coffee shop in Glendale"

"Is that the coffee shop we used to go with your dad?"

"Yeah it had some remodels so I want to check it out and I'm craving a coffee"

"Isn't that kind of far though?"

"Yeah but I really want one"

"Call me when your done with your run and I'll go with you"

"Aww you don't want me to walk alone that far" I tease "No I don't want storm to be with you for so long and his little feet can't take the distance" he ruffled storms fur.

"Whatever anyways I have to go"

"You better call me Lin" he says as I'm walking out

"Yeah yeah" I wave him off

- - - -
The run was really nice I felt clear minded and storm seemed to enjoy splashing on the puddles I took out my phone to realize I told Mathias I'll call him 40 minutes in but it's been an hour. As I'm about to call him the sound of an engine is behind me.

"Hey"

"Hey? You said 40 minutes I was waiting I wanted my coffee and muffin" he says making me laugh "sorry storm looked cute splashing on water I had to have a photo shoot" I shrug

"Wait let me see" I grab my phone and go through the pictures showing him "fine you're forgiven because of your dog but I want my coffee let's go" he gets out

"What are you doing" I ask

"Opening the door I might be an ass but I am a gentleman" he grins "Oh at least you're aware" I say getting an eye roll in return "Has no guy ever opened the door for you? You look surprised" he asks

"One. But like you know guys can be real assholes" I tell him "Who was the one guy? Me?" He smirks, it's annoying how much he does it.  "No my father" I say getting in with storm in hand. He doesn't question anything he learned a long time ago when it was an appropriate time or place especially when it came to my family.