Chapter Fifty Seven

He's not someone she needs in her life, she knows it. She knows that what they keep on doing is wrong but part of her likes to believe it's destiny for the reason why they keep going back. Adelina grew up thinking everyone had their prince charming she loved having faith and believing that maybe someday she will have her someone special.

She would rather love a million times and have her heart broken every time, then hold a permanently empty heart forever. Her mother always told her to never love with her heart because it always ends up aching, she knew it better than anyone. Adelina saw her mother as super woman she always thought her mother was strong and fearful not only did she but others thought so too her advice was beyond needed, looking back she should've listened.

It's two in the morning but she doesn't know she's been dancing for hours only stopping for water or mess ups which don't occur to often. Dancing helps the minds it clears out the thoughts by expressing them through the movements sometimes it feels like flying other times it feels like your being dragged down to the below.

As the song stops she breathes hard trying to control herself through all those thoughts, it's been years since she's thought about him one night changed much more than it was supposed to. She hated him for it. Why come back after all these years? he was never the type to get blackout drunk everyone knows it.

She thought that maybe their could be a coincidence that he did know it was her, In the morning he didn't seem shocked like she was he made it seem as it was the most casual thing ever. But then again to him maybe it was be was a whore anyways.

Dancing helped piece the stuff together but it can only do so much it might calm her down but it does not erase what had happened hours ago the worst part is that he knows exactly where she lives he knows where she goes clubbing, her friends, her whole life is at the palms of his hands she didn't want to give him power like before she was totally drained and it can't happen again.

Nothing is inevitable though.

While Adelina was at the studio Mathias was just blocks away having a coffee by himself at an old shop that was open 24/7 just across his place he always loved roaming around alone, he didn't like people very much they were always to talkative or too boring most of the times. Not her though she wasn't perfect she had her flaws but she's the only person he can tolerate without throwing it out the next hour or day.

He took her for granted she was the best thing that had ever happened to him but back then he was a kid. Well not really he was eighteen but still kid. That is no excuse as much as he wished it was, he could go to important business meeting and be a trainee for his dad's company but he couldn't keep his dick in his pants for one girl?

Very immature.

Yes of course he hasn't changed when it comes to sleeping around still but now he's fully single and is able to hook up as much as he wants.

"Hey baby" Marisol comes into his view of the painting Mathias was staring at with her own coffee cup in hand.

Oh yeah Marisol, He though

Son of a bitch

Maybe not so single but single enough, it's a one sided open relationship.

Mathias looked out to the clock and realized the time. Four o'clock in the morning! he's been out here for three hours with no sleep.

"Have you been out here all night?" Marisol sniffs the jacket he's wearing, the cigarette smell filling her nostrils she could almost feel it through her own lungs even though she wasn't the one smoking it.

"Yeah" He answers dryly taking a sip of his tea she quickly picks up on his attitude. "What now?" she scoffs taking her own sip of her coffee. He ignores her question as much as he likes Marisol he can't stand her sometimes.

"I thought you said you quit" her voice soft reminding him of a special brunette "Sometimes I need it to think" She didn't push to try and get an answer from him on why, yesterday night he didn't come home and he's been out all day today. Marisol Isn't stupid she has a PHD in phycology of course she knows he's been cheating.

As much as it kills Marisol she can't leave him, before they were dating she was his best friend always helping him out he's stubborn and dumb and as much as Mathias would hate to admit he does need her which is why he keeps her around.

"Come here" He gestures for her to stand up pulling her by her waist to sit on his lap she doesn't resist mostly since he took off the jacket before she sat, he knows she hates the smell especially since her dad died from lung cancer. They watched the sunset slowly as the dark night sky disappeared, Mathias leaned in kissing her temple. He liked her, he really did but he doesn't know how not to be with someone else.

As much as he wants to stop sleeping around he can't, think of it as a drug you do it once and you don't get caught and the feeling you get from both it's like a high the more it happens the more you want to keep doing it. He has to stop he knows it's a problem especially from what happened last morning.

He misses her but he can't damage her again.

she was like a drug. The most addicting kind, and he had a problem he was pretty sure that she was developing feelings for him he had no idea what to do with that, or with his own feelings, which were definitely getting in his way. This whole 'no emotional attachment' thing had gone straight to shit because Adelina Arrison was emotionally attached to every person she had met, and she had a way of making that contagious. He carved a contact with her in a way he wasn't experienced with.

She's his drug and he's is her constant hangover.