Chapter Seven

Tonight is one of those nights. When all wanna do is close the door behind you and numbly lock it shut. You stare at your hands for long minutes before finally breaking. You gasp for breath, silently sobbing about everything that went wrong all at once. Everything that is wrong with you and the world and everything that you just can't deal with. Then you deal with it the only way you know how. you take deep, exhausted, shuddering breaths as you quietly cry yourself to sleep. The next morning you wake up huddled in a corner of your bed with a sore neck and a pounding headache. But you get out of bed just like it was any other morning.

I woke up with my mom coming into my hotel room all giddy for some reason and insisted to go get breakfast together like the old days. I didn't feel like getting up but she looked so happy for us to hang out and I couldn't tell her no. Mother and I have a complicated relationship sometimes she's alert and present while other times she can care less if we're alive.

"You okay? You seem weird" she tells me and I still can't turn to look at her. We took my moms chofer meaning she's in the back with me all she's been doing is getting calls which got annoying very fast.

"Yeah im fine" I smile. "well were, here put on your sunglasses paparazzi are here" I do as she says getting off the car and immediately im blinded by the flashing cameras. Security was right behind us but that didn't stop the paparazzi to try and take pictures up close.

After we get seated in moms regular table it gets awkward I have no Idea what to talk about but mother doesn't notice because her eyes are glued on her phone like always. "So hon how is school, oh it's fine mom, well that's great" I talk to myself she raises an eyebrow at me before putting her phone down.

"How is school" she asks smiling innocently "We already had this conversation" she rolls her eyes muttering something under her breath before going back to her phone.

"Good morning did you guys already make a decision on what would you like?" The waitress comes up. "Yeah I'll have a regular coffee no sugar but yes to cream and a frittata" Mother tells him.

"And what would you like?"

"Just a small fruit salad, thank you" He nods writing everything down before leaving. Breakfast was nothing like It used to be I remember when we would go to a simple dinner not too far from home so no paparazzi could get us for a mother and daughter bonding since Nico used to go with dad. We would order waffles and laugh the whole time to the point where mom once almost peed her pants once.

After breakfast we would go to mom's building so she could get some work in but she never finished anything instead we would run around her office playing then dad and nico would meet us there to go to one of nico's baseball games and end the night go out for some ice cream and watch a movie we all agreed on in the movie room. The next day nico and I would be waking up in either a chair or bean bag and our parents would be asleep in the couch. We were happy. I genuinely don't know what happened but no matter how hard we try and bring that back we all know it won't happen.

- - - -

"Tell your brother to get his grades up I see him slipping" She tells me as im getting off the car to enter the house all I can do is nod and walk away.

You know That feeling. When you're just waiting. Waiting to go home, into your room, close the door, fall into bed, and just let everything out that you kept in all day. That feeling of both relief and desperation. Nothing is wrong. But nothing is right either. And you're tired. Tired of everything, tired of nothing. You just want someone to be there and tell you it's okay. But no one's going to be there. You know you have to be strong for yourself, because no one can fix you. But you're tired of waiting. Tired of having to be the one to fix yourself and everyone else. Tired of being strong and for once, you just want it to be easy to be simple. To be helped. To be saved. But you know you won't be. But your hoping and you're still wishing, you're still staying strong and fighting. You're fighting.

Its saturday so I expect Nico to be sleeping since its still around 12 but the first thing I hear is travis scott playing on the house speakers. "NICO!!" I yell and hear footsteps down the east wing hall.

"Adelina your back" Liam yells over the loud music with Mathias following right behind. I was expecting everything to be quiet so I can fall asleep peacefully maybe even cry myself to sleep,  but these three idiots have to ruin it. "I can explain" Is the first thing Nico tells me as im going up the stairs.

"You are supposed to be sleeping" I groan

"It's called waking up early lin" Mathias says "Why are you so early though weren't you supposed to still be with mom?" Nico asks

"We both decided it would be better to come home"

"So how was the gala not a lot of kids our age go" Liam says, that quickly makes me think of what Alex said yesterday. "Actually I ran into Alex can you believe she actually comes from money but her parents made her go to school on a scholarship to learn the valueship of money or some shit" I say sitting next to Liam on the stairs taking off my heels

"Oh yeah I know that she told me when we were hanging out" Liam speaks up

"She told you?"

"why didn't you tell us?"

"You hung out with a girl and no sex?"

"One yes, two because I forgot, three rude I am capable of hanging out with a girl and no sex I do it with Adelina" Liam scoffs "Even though she urges to get me to bed" he winks but before I can slap him on the head Mathias does it for me.

"No need for jealousy I am both of yours especially yours Mathias" he winks "Lina! what do you think Nithias or Lithias"

"None" I smirk making his grin turn to a frown "Whatever it doesn't matter what people think he loves me"

"Me more" My twin chirps in "I hate both of you"

"We love you too champ"

"Can we get back to the topic idiots? liam she told you?" I ask again

"Yeah we were just talking she's pretty chill how do you know?"

"We were talking she found me at the roof" I shouldn't have said that.

"What were you doing at the roof" Mathias asks suspiciousness clouding his mind. "I got tired of talking to people so I went up" I shrug "Wasn't it a hotel? could't you go to your room?"

"Yes but I wanted fresh air" I say in a duh tone he raised an eyebrow at me but dropped the questions thankfully.

"Anyways you guys are boring Im going to my room oh and I ship Nithias more" Once I say that hell breaks loose liam is chasing nico and nico is chasing Mathias who is trying to run away it was quite a sight I was going to go upstairs when Mathias picked me up like a sack of potatoes as he was running. "Sorry darling you were in the way" he laughs and I feel the vibration of his voice it might be weird but I find it attractive.

Hours later we're found sleeping in the movie theater room cuddled up as if nothing had happened minutes earlier.