Chapter Sixty Four

Levi

She called me at 2am, woke me up from a deep sleep because my Sherlock main theme ringtone interrupted my dream of a better life. When I answered the phone in daze, I said hello half awake and all I could hear was the sound of her losing her breath between deep sobs and sniffling. She didn't say anything for at least 15 minutes. All I heard was the sound of her world shattering fill my ears. When she finally caught her words she said my name like it was the last thing she would be able to say.

Before I could reply with worry, there was a knock at her front door and then the sound of it opening. She turned to her bedroom door to find me standing at the frame. Still half asleep still listening, she opened her mouth and the only thing that fell out was silence. I invited myself in her bed, taking her body in my arms and her sobbing started all over again. This time it came in great waves.Waves big enough to pull the both of us under its current. I just laid there, letting her shake in my arms. I was still half asleep but I was fully aware that she didn't need the overwhelming silence of our 2 am phone call to know that I was there for her. She needed me to be right beside her and I knew it the second I saw the caller ID.

I studied her as she slept cuddled up next to me holding me tight as if I might just leave. Who has hurt this girl so much to the point she's afraid of someone leaving the night. Maybe it was the guy who she told me quite a lot of stories about. In my opinion I don't understand what she saw or sees in him. Maybe it was the fact that he was the only guy who was more than a friend ever since they were young. Maybe it's the fact that's the only guy that treated her like she wanted to be treated that she got so attached as a form of thinking that if she stayed then she would still be the same like always she probably though he was her only form of happiness but someday I want to show her that only she can make herself happy because happiness doesn't come from someone else it comes from within herself and only her and Im so looking forward for that day.

The fact that I met this soul at a party I was just casually invited to by the groom who dated one of my exes. She was honestly the hottest bridesmaids I have ever hit on and believe me when I say a lot. This one though she was the maid of honor most maids of honors are either married or going through a midlife crisis but she wasn't she was just trying to clean up the sand that in fact wasn't even real sand. She was unexpected, her presence brings peace and prosperity. It's like being next to her was its own calming pill. She was everything she was funny, her face was pretty, her personality was everything any guy could ask for yet here she is. Just seconds ago crying about a guy I presume that as much as I hate to say it but he doesn't care he never did but I get it sometimes we fall for the most unexpected people.

Even if some are egotistical rich lying assholes who think they're the shit, but who am I to put the blame on them.

I think she was afraid to love sometimes. I think it scared her. She was the type to like things that are concrete, like the ocean. Something you could point to and know what it was.. And I think that's why she struggled with love. She couldn't touch it. She couldn't hold on to it and make sure it never changed.

She believes that she isn't pretty enough to be loved so she pretends to not be the kind to fall in love. In reality she is just afraid to trust her heart to those who could easily tear it apart. Before I could think about it she shifted her eyes open. I looked behind me to see the sun had finally gone up. A deep feeling on my stomach told me that the reason I didn't sleep was because i was so afraid of her having some sort of nightmare of waking up without me there.

Adelina

He was there. It wasn't a dream and honestly I couldn't be happier, I hid that of course knowing Levi he would be on my ass about being super happy he's around. We laid there in silence chest to chest we were fully clothed top to bottom yet in his sight I felt naked I felt like he could see right through my clothes underneath and I hoped to god that this time I wore a bra or sport bra. I couldn't look down to my rack he would know even if I tried to be subtle about it.

"Morning" His deep morning voice sent a shiver down my spine "Hey, thank you for you know" I couldn't bring myself to speak about earlier I couldn't my pride was too big for me to admit I called him because I had no one else. That's a lie I could have called Jacky or anyone for that matter but his was the first that I saw even though his contact was at the bottom of my contact list.

I needed him, I thought maybe he would just sit there on the phone with me or maybe not even answer but he came to my home. 2 in the morning pitch black outside and he lived at least 20 or more minutes from me.

"I-" I stopped myself. I didn't know what to say or do, I stood up and thankfully I was wearing a bra. I thankfully had forgotten to take it off last night. I was kind of disappointed he didn't see anything. I got great boobs.

"Want breakfast?" He stands up with a smile on his face but I had to explain myself. I had to. I pulled him down by his drawstrings to sit back down with me but he wouldn't budge instead He grabbed my chin and pulled it up it was for a slight second that he stared at me he studied my freckles like they were some sort of constellations.

"It was because of him?" I nod "He came knocking on my door trying to get something"

"Something?" I cursed myself for my bad wording "He wanted us to get back together he had 'finally realized he loved me for real this time' bullshit I know" He scoffs but bursts out laughing "Rich people are crazy man" I laugh

"It's not that" His hand that's on my chin move sup to my cheek caressing it slowly his eyes staring right back on mine his sight burning on mine sending me hot all over I could feel my face grow red but if I looked away this moment might be gone so I didn't I looked at him with the same lust he was giving me.

It was like a switch clicked in him that his cheeks got a shade of pink before looking away "Breakfast?" I smile before standing up

"Sure why not"