ᴛʜᴇ ʜɪɢʜ ᴘʀɪᴇꜱᴛᴇꜱꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘-𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 : 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐇𝐈𝐆𝐇 𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐒

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

The last thing I could remember was Karlheinz shattering the jade necklace. I opened my eyes, feeling the loss of the weight of the pendent that I had grown accustomed to. I frowned, if that was in the past, then where...?

A glint of green caught my eyes and I found it resting on my nightstand. Then I realized I was lying down on a plush mattress, pale pink sheets enveloping me in warmth.

"So you're awake," a rough voice grumbled beside me "Finally."

I turned to see Shin beside me, still missing an eye. Ever since that eye patch incident, and meeting him in the past, I had begun to see why he is the way he is now. Why he listens to Carla, and why he carries so much bitterness.

I nodded silently, I looked outside the grand window of the room to find the sky painted in bloody red color. Evening time. The door of the room opened to reveal Carla, his amber eyes widened slightly to see me awake.

Curiosity piqued, I asked, "How long was I out?"

"I found you passed out on the floor. You were asleep for almost two days. Nothing would snap you out of that state. Not even Nii-san's magic." Shin murmured, he looked up angrily, "just what the hell were you doing? You shouldn't have touched that, much less gone into that room."

"Shin." Carla shot him a look, silencing the younger male. "What happened? Surely you don't take us for fools, the outcome will be much better if you tell us the truth now."

"I was... Menae. I think the necklace had some sort of spell cast on it. One that allowed me to go into the past. So I tried to take the past into my own hands and change it," I clenched my fists, frustrated at my own helplessness; realizing just how powerless I was compared to the creatures that roam and rule the darkness. "But I failed in the end. Everything I did led to him." I spoke the last word with venom dripping from my voice.

"Who-" I cut off Shin before he could continue, earning myself a dirty glare from him.

"Karlheinz. After all that I did, standing up for Krone and myself. Trying to make the outcome different, it didn't work." I looked up at the two brothers, "Menae was not a traitor. She never was, she went to Karlhienz to find a cure to Endzeit, but that man would never help anyone. Not even a dying race. She swallowed her pride and begged him for a cure."

I sighed, "The worst part is, he knew who I was. He's the reason your entire family perished!" I raised my voice towards the end of my sentence. Menae was never a traitor, it was Karlheinz all along. I wondered, how many people did he kill for his own gain? My father was killed so he could get his hands on me, all his wives died, apart from one who's slowly losing her sanity, bit by bit.