ꜰʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀꜱʜᴇꜱ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 - 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄 : 𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐒

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Bring him an apocalypse."

How nice would that be?

To reach into eternal depths, engraved with fire, and find the one soot-free wire and just pull?

To take the entropy of a million stars, the gravitas of the cosmos, and the white-hot tinge of magic and just let it burn?

Etched into our very souls, the heavens will reorder, the planet will pale, and the darkness will speak new words into existence.

And I hold both the match and fire.

━━━ ₊˚. ☾ ˎˊ- ━━━

"You're shaking."

Quite some time had passed from when we first entered this cursed house. The sun had since retracted its tendrils of light and only the chilled draft of Northern air coming from the broken windows remained.

And half a liter of blood was forcibly removed from my body.

Obviously, I was shaking.

I knelt beside the semi-rotted wood of a bookshelf, keeping my head low trying to get to a point where the images in front of my eyes would stop dancing.

You would think I would've already gotten used to this feeling of barely-there consciousness but it seems my mind chooses not to remember it for a good reason.

There's no quite accurate explanation as to what it feels like to have your blood sucked. There is such a rush of adrenaline and the primal instinct to run before you go limp after you realize that it's no use.

And as much as it confuses even me, for some reason I'm not angry or spiteful about what Ruki did. At the end of the day, he is a vampire and I am a human.

A vampire who discovered his savior was the catalyst for his family's unfortunate demise. A vampire who realized, all too suddenly, his place on Karlheinz's chessboard. A vampire who would place his bet on me being the one to destroy him.

So together we shared a moment of vulnerability, one where we knew both of us weren't going to leave the same person as when we entered.

I had known for a while now that it would take a lot to take down Karlheinz. Beatrix said a war, I had thought it a sacrifice, but it turns out all the twisted winding roads lead to nothing but disaster.