ᴡʜɪꜱᴘᴇʀꜱ ᴏꜰ ᴀ ʟɪʟᴀᴄ ᴛɪɴᴛᴇᴅ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐘-𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄 : 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐒𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐎𝐅 𝐀 𝐋𝐈𝐋𝐀𝐂 𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

And just like that, I've always been destined to die early.

Tragic, yes, but beautiful like a rose plucked during its prime.

But timing is always such a delicate thing, isn't it? Tell the right person you love them at the wrong time and it will only lead to heartbreak. Miss to seize the moment and wonder for the rest of your life about what could have been. Die too early and never get to face the tempest that would've changed you for the better.

I never would get to grow old and bitter and live in my hut full of cats, hissing at whatever looks at me the wrong way. Or, finally learn to love and be loved building dreamlands with the one I chose to be with forevermore.

Will I ever get rid of this gnawing feeling in my bones? Melt the frost covering my soul? Will I even have made a difference?

I guess I'll never know.

Because this started with me so it'll end with me too.

I don't know much about the future and the jagged bends and turns it will take, but there is one thing straight in my mind.

There is no way Yui or the Tsukinamis will be sacrificed.

Kino stayed behind in Rothenberg, still shaken up by his memories of Seiji and the riddling words of where the gun could be. Which brings me to my current predicament; back at the Sakamaki mansion where everybody seems to be more concerned with their opinion and not mine.

"Make cyclops do it," Ayato grumbled from the crimson velvet sofa. "What's Ore-sama's shouldn't be sacrificed."

I roll my eyes for what seemed like the hundredth time trying to stop the not-so-dainty words spilling from my lips. They can say whatever they like, but I am the one who will ultimately make the final decision while they can fancy themselves thinking they have the final decision.

"Don't call him cyclops," I glare at him. "His name is Shin."

"Oi! Don't go around defending other men!"

Reiji pushes his glasses up and then crosses his arms. "I vouch for the maddened older brother. The world could always use one less psychopath."

"Listen," even I cringe thinking of the pepperoni-crazed Carla. "He's not normally like that. He's all stone-faced and 'Sayaka don't skewer the grapes on your nails before eating them' and crap. If the magic hadn't ravaged his body to temporary insanity, I'd think you get along quite nicely."