ᴀ ꜰᴏʀɢᴏᴛᴛᴇɴ ʙʀɪᴅᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍 : 𝐀 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐎𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐄

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I pulled her pink duvet closer to my body and hugged one of her many throw pillows. Yui was brushing her hair getting ready for bed, and I stared out blankly onto the terrace balcony.

"Sayaka-chan?"

The repetitive sounds of the brush strokes ceased and I turned around to face Yui. Her pink sherbet eyes reminded me of the pink in the sunrises I used to see walking to school.

She got in and snuggled closer to me. For a few seconds it was completely silent, only our shallow breaths floating in the air.

"Are you okay?" Her voice came out in barely a whisper, fearful of anyone else hearing.

My instinct was to nod my head and smile, but I took a second to ask myself the same question. To be truthful, Karlheinz's words on the night of the ball have haunted me still.
He murdered my father and then framed him to be the murderer. He condemned me to this Hell that I live everyday. Why me? Why my family? More than anything, I just want to go home.

"I-" My voice cracked before tears flooded my eyes.

"Hey" Yui soothed, placing her hand on my arm, "It's okay, take your time."

I took in a deep breath and weakly smiled trying not to completely break down in front of her.

"I just don't know who I am anymore." My voice hitched at the end sending a cascade of tears down my face. I could feel the heat of embarrassment creep onto my face. The old Sayaka wouldn't have cried like me. She would've just gritted her teeth, turned her cheek and kept on going. She was strong, but I'm weak. When did the old Sayaka disappear? Was it after the first bite with Laito? The failed escape with Yui? The Hell of the punishment Reiji showed me after? The ball?

"Sometimes," she placed her hand at the side of my cheek, "who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things."

Her thumb gently wiped a tear from my cheek before she pulled me closer and I sobbed into her chest.

One thing was clear though. I want to find the old Sayaka again.

I need to find the old Sayaka again.

━━━ ₊˚. ☾ ˎˊ- ━━━

It was a dreary day at the mansion as rain poured down underneath a calamitous sky. The sounds of my shoes hitting the floor echoed throughout the hallway, but I didn't shy away from the sound. If I want to be the old me again, I can't be afraid of some old emo's with fangs.