V

Hurt Feelings

"No problem Lilypad

"No problem Lilypad."

At first she was stunned, but then she melted into the kiss and was weirdly aware that both of his hands were cupping her face. It was intense due to the force of which James crashed his lips onto hers, but soft and gentle, it was a weird combination yet somehow those are the only words she could use to describe this moment. Her hands found their way onto the back of his neck and she pulled him closer, neither of them letting go or taking a moment to catch their breath. They finally pulled away and rested their foreheads on one another's, breathing heavily.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you to do that." she said, a huge grin spreading across her face. They both just stood in that exact position for a while, savouring this moment and this feeling before it was ripped away by someone catching them or by it growing awkward.

Then they heard the sound of a door opening and quickly put some distance between them before turning towards the noise, they both let out a sigh of relief when all they saw was a first year coming out of his dorm. He had stuck his head out of the door, eyes wide at the two sixth years standing in the common room. He made eye contact with Diana then quickly shuffled back into his dorm, earning chuckles from James and Diana.

"Uh, well I better get going then." she shrugged.

"Yeah, yeah." he sighed, Diana still being able to smell the firewhiskey on his breath. It had grown awkward quickly, so without another word Diana made her way out of the Gryffindor common room and to her dorm.

●————♙————●

Diana woke up the next morning with the dopiest grin on her face, surprising the other girls in her dorm as she didn't usually look too happy to be there with them. She quickly got dressed and ready for the first day of classes before making her way to the Great Hall. When she entered the Great Hall she quickly looked towards the Gryffindor table and her eyes quickly met the ones of Rory, he saw the giddy look on her face and raised his eyebrow in curiosity. She made her way over after receiving her timetable from Flitwick and sat beside Gideon and across from Rory, she filled her plate with fruit and started eating happily, all of her friends looking at her in curiosity.

"What's got you so happy?" Fabian finally asked after all three boys just stared at her for a solid 5 minutes, waiting for her to say something.

"I snogged someone." she shrugged, making all three boy's eyes go wide because usually when Diana had done anything like this she'd always tell them immediately.

"Is that where you ran off to last night?"

"Was it good?"

"Who was it? Are they nice?"

They all asked at the same time, making Diana chuckle at just how different the questions were.

"First thing's first, you cannot tell anyone, alrighy" they all nodded. "Ok, it was James."