XIV

Somebody to love

"Merlin forbid I talk to my friend

"Merlin forbid I talk to my friend."

●————————●

It was the night of the Potter's Christmas party and Diana felt as though she couldn't be so nervous yet excited at the same time. Taking a few deep breaths, she shook out her nerves and went to check up on Remus.

"Are you ready to go?" she asked Remus, sticking her head in the doorway.

"Yeah, almost." he replied, he was about to grab his bag, but hesitated. "Actually, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Uh, alright, what's wrong?" Diana stepped into his room and set down the garment bag that held her dress, which she'd taken from the hallway on a lounge chair in the corner of the room.

"I wanted to talk about you and James..." he stated, running a hand through his hair.

"What about me and James? There's nothing going on." she tried to defend herself or more like reassure Remus, but he looked more upset after her comment.

"I've seen the letters coming to the house, Diana and I know you've been talking to him. Sirius sent me a letter asking why I needed to confirm the details of the party today with James." Remus admitted, Diana rolled her eyes.

"So what if I've been talking to him Remus, Merlin forbid I talk to my friend." Diana commented sarcastically.

"Can't you see he's ashamed to be friends with you!" he snapped. "Why else would he lie to Sirius about you sending him that letter or any of them?"

"Maybe because that idiot Black hates me for no fucking reason." Diana concluded, tapping her index finger against her chin.

"Oh please, all this "no reason" bullshit." Remus scoffed. "You took his brother away from him!" Remus exclaimed, tossing his arms out to the side, making a slapping noise against his thighs when they fell back down to his sides.

"I did not TAKE his brother from him, how dare you say that to me, Remus! What I've done is be there for Regulus when no one else was. Black had the three of you there for him when he lived in that vile place, so tell me why it's a crime that Regulus has me?" Diana felt like she was fuming, how the hell could Remus be using such a double standard. "How did this conversation go from James to me being friends with Reg" she thought to herself.

"You're always taking everything you want. First, you take away Sirius' brother, then you take my best friend." Diana laughed bitterly and muttered a "Holy fuck" under her breath. "You don't see me trying to be friends with those immature twins or snobby little McLaggen." Remus sneered, this was when Diana decided she'd had enough, so she strided over to Remus and jabbed her finger into his chest as she said.