XVII

Unexpected visitor

"Maybe Remus and I will be like a professor dynamic duo

"Maybe Remus and I will be like a professor dynamic duo."

●————————●

It was now the next morning and Diana's alarm went off, telling her to wake up because she had to go get Remus from the Potter's. She groaned and shut off the alarm, taking off the covers and swinging her legs over the side of her bed. When she returned home last night her mum was already asleep, so she went to her father's study to tell him she was back and that Remus was staying at the Potter's. He just smiled and nodded, telling her to have a good sleep.

Diana didn't really know what her father did while he was in his study; he'd quit his job at the ministry once Hope went into hospice, wanting to spend as much time with her as possible. Lyall always seemed like he was working on something, but neither of the Lupin children knew what it was.

She slipped on a jumper that she stole from Remus and a random pair of trousers she found on the floor, heading downstairs. She got a pair of boots from off the shoe rack and headed towards the fireplace. Diana grabbed a handful of floo powder from its pouch and exclaimed "Potter Manor!".

Once again met with the elegant house, she stepped out of the fireplace and went in search of her brother. Diana could hear chatting coming from the dining room, so she went towards the noise. When she got to the dining room, the table was full of people, well, not full, but there were all of the marauders and James' parents. As she got closer, her eyes met Remus' and a few heads turned towards her, she smiled at Remus and he waved her over.

Diana was hesitant to go further into the room, honestly she just wanted to get Remus and go home. That's when her and Euphemia Potter eyes, the older witch smiles brightly at Diana and stands up from her spot at the large dining table.

"Happy Christmas, would you like to join us dear?" Euphemia asks, her hands resting on Diana's arms, a bright smile on her face.

"N-no, I'm alright, thank you though." she weakly smiled back, now that Euphemia had approached her, everyone was looking at her. She looked slightly past Euphemia's head and met eyes with James, the nerves bubbled in her stomach, all of the emotions from last night came rushing back to her. "Me and Remus should be going, Mum's not up yet, but I wanna make sure we're home when she is." she added, looking back at Euphemia.

"Have you had breakfast yet?" Fleamont asked from the table, not hearing her last comment.

"I haven't, actually." she admitted sheepishly, looking towards him to see his face light up the same way James' did. "Stop thinking about him." she scolded herself in her head.

"Well then that gives you the perfect reason to join us!"

Diana was apprehensive, but then she looked at Remus who, for the first time since they left Hogwarts, looked happy. She hated how she caved in from just one look, Remus smiled at her, but his eyes were practically pleading for her to stay. "I guess I can stay for a bit."