XVIII

A Master Plan

"Actually I haven't Remus, I treat him differently because he's a dick, simple as that

"Actually I haven't Remus, I treat him differently because he's a dick, simple as that."

●————————●

"They crucioed me."

Complete silence was all that followed his statement.

Diana was in shock, she was at a loss for words, she felt like nothing she could say to him made any of this better. "They used an unforgivable?"

"Usually Sirius is there, but..." he trailed off, though Diana knew where he was going with it.

"Hey, you're going to be alright. You're safe here."

"Right." he sighed, his shoulders sagged. Diana could see just how exhausted he was, she would bet that he hadn't had a good night's sleep since they left school.

"Get some rest, yeah?" she asked, standing up off the bed and throwing away the wipe she'd used on his face. "Remus is out right now, so I'll go take some clothes from him that you can use." She was about to walk out of the room before she heard Regulus' quiet voice.

"Where am I supposed to sleep?" he asked timidly, looking down at the floor like she might kick him out for asking a question.

"On the beds fine, Reg." she shrugged, gesturing towards it.

Regulus looked back and forth from the bed to her with perplexed eyes. "But that's your bed and  I wouldn't want to get it all dirty."

"Regulus, I promise it's fine. I can change the sheets after if you're really worried about getting my bed all dirty, alright?" a small yet sad smile on her face, Regulus took a deep breath before taking off his shoes and climbing into the bed. "I'll be right back."

She went into Remus' room and grabbed a pair of sweatpants along with one of his knit jumpers, out of the dozens he had. Remus was back at the Potter Manor with his friends, doing whatever they did with each other and whatever adventures they'd decided to go on that day. Diana went back into her room to find Regulus passed out on her bed, nestled underneath the various blankets she had on her bed, his shoes discarded on the floor. She smiled at him, though it was bittersweet because her thoughts were filled with her concerns of just how much sleep he'd missed recently. Diana put the clothes down on her desk and went back downstairs to where she was before Regulus stumbled through her fireplace.

She knew Regulus would be safe up in her room because her mum never left her bedroom and her dad rarely left his study, when he did it was to look after her mum. She was about to sit down and start reading her book again when an owl was tapping at the living room window, Diana recognized the owl, it was the Potter's.