XIX

Happiness is a warm gun

"Where's Regulus?"

●————————●

"Fuck!" Diana exclaimed, rubbing her face harshly with both of her hands. Why did she have to be so stupid? She should've just let him stay here, where he felt safe, where she promised he would be safe. Why did she always fuck things up? Of course, she had really only left because Remus wanted her to, it seemed to be a repetitive thing in her life, doing things for his sake. She pulled at her hair in frustration, dragging her hands back down her face.

The sleeves of her dress were irritating her, so she pulled them up, she punched the fireplace, then she did it again, and again, and again, and again until the ends of her sleeves were stained red. Her knuckles were split from the bricks and her sleeves had already slid down, her vision blurry from angry tears. She wasn't angry at Regulus, why would she be, she was angry at herself.

Diana was fed up, why did she keep failing? She couldn't save Remus from Greyback, she couldn't save her mum from her illness, and now she couldn't save Regulus from his family.

She could hear Remus rummaging around upstairs and decided she needed to go, needed to get away from this house that hadn't been a home for her in years. Grabbing a handful of floo powder, she exclaimed "The Burrow" and was overtaken by the green flames that took Regulus back to his personal nightmare just moments before.

Diana stepped out of the fireplace at the Burrow to be met with the back of a ginger she knew just by the way his hair sat on his head. "Gideon," she breathed, making him turn around, he had a cut on his cheek and his eyes were puffy. "Merlin, what happened?" stepping forward, she cupped his cheek and rubbed her thumb right under the cut.

"It was nothing, I just forgot something at home and my parents weren't very happy to see me." he shrugged as if it was nothing, Diana had never met the infamous Prewetts, they were like an urban legend to her. Everything she'd heard about them wasn't good, they were typical purebloods, wanting nothing to do with anyone who wasn't one of them. Honestly, Diana couldn't figure out how these people had raised such kind children.

"That's not nothing Gid, does anyone else know?" she scoffed slightly, shaking her head lightly.

"No, and I'd like to keep it that way, you know Fabian, he'd go over there and fight them right now. I don't want any more trouble from them thank you though." he smiled thankfully, bringing his hand up onto Diana's that rested on his cheek, when they made contact he made a face of discomfort, bringing his hand away. "Diana, what's this?" he asked, looking at his hand that was now smeared with blood from her knuckles.

"Oh, that..." she laughed nervously, wishing she could go back ten seconds and take her hand away. "If I told you it was nothing, would you believe me?" Gideon looked like he was about to reply when suddenly two sets of footsteps came down the stairs, Diana looked over to see Rory and Fabian.