IX

Feelings and fights

"No, my favourite dress is ruined

"No, my favourite dress is ruined."

TW: mentions of blood and other injuries

●————♙————●

"I like you." Rory blurted out.

"I-I-, you w-what?" Fabian stuttered, his eyes wide.

"I fancy you, Fab." he said sheepishly, rubbing the back of his neck anxiously. Suddenly, the burst of confidence he once had was gone.

"Are you sure? I mean, you really like me?" Fabian asked frantically, gesturing towards himself. Sure, to the rest of the school him and Gideon just seemed like those funny pranksters that all the professors loved. In reality, Fabian could never see himself going off and getting married like Molly or having a bunch of kids, he couldn't even really imagine himself with a wife.

"Why wouldn't I be sure? I mean, you're funny and smart and, well, I'd say you're pretty handsome." Rory admitted, counting his fingers. Fabian looked down, hoping Rory couldn't see the blush that had spread across his cheeks.

"I wish you didn't." he said glumly. "I wish you fancied somebody who wasn't me because I can never give you what you want and I know it."

"Fab, all I want is you." Rory cupped his face. Fabian melting into his touch.

"That's all I want too... you, I mean, not me. I obviously don't want myself, that's actually really weird and-" Fabian had started to ramble nervously, so Rory leaned in, crashing their lips upon one another's.

"I know what you meant, Fab." he whispered once they'd detached their lips, their foreheads resting on one another's.

"Great, that's good, really good." Fabian said, smiling bashfully.

●————♙————●

It was around dinner when Rory and Diana had made up with each other, both of them knew there was no way they could stay mad for more than six hours. Diana was walking into the Great Hall when she saw the familiar mop of light brown hair shoot up from the Gryffindor table, there weren't many people around yet, so she was happy they wouldn't be making a scene. He'd walked up to her quickly and enveloped her into his warm embrace.

"I'm so sorry, Ana." he mumbled into the top of her head, as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Don't be fucking sorry you prat, I'm the one that was being a bitch." she said into his shoulder, her voice muffled.

"Yeah, you really were." he said and Diana could practically hear the smile in his voice, she pushed him back and playfully slapped his arm.

"Ugh, you prick." she scoffed jokingly, a wide smile on her face.