VI

Completely and utterly confused

"He left."

"You know those are bad for you right." someone called out, Diana whipped her head around to see Regulus Black walking towards her.

"Oh, hello my dearest Regulus." she said dramatically, trying to bow from her sitting position.

"Shove off." he said jokingly, sitting down beside her. "I was serious about those being bad for you." taking the cigarette out of her mouth and smashing it with his foot.

"Hey! If you're gonna scold me about that, scold your slimy git of a brother too." slapping his arm, obviously oblivious to the fact that Sirius had run away that summer, leaving Regulus behind.

"Can't do that." he shrugged and Diana looked at him in confusion.

"Why not?" she asked, but he just stayed silent and kept his eyes on the floor. "Reggie what happened? Hey, look at me." she cupped his cheek, making her look at him and that's when she saw the tears in his eyes.

"He left." he sniffled. "Left me in that wretched house with my horrible parents a-and he didn't even ask me to come with him. I wanted to leave too y'know, I'm not like them, my parents, I'm not the snobby little pureblood he thinks I am." his voice breaking, Diana could hear the imminent pain in his voice.

"I know you're not, trust me."

"I just wanted him to be proud of me." he whispered, finally breaking down and Diana pulled him into a tight embrace that he so desperately needed. She let him cry out every tear of anger, sadness, hurt or any other feeling he may be having because she knew that it's exactly what she would need in that situation.

"I know it might not mean much, but I'm proud of you." she shrugged after finally letting go of the teary-eyed boy. "I know that it's not the same as hearing it from Sirius because I'm not him, but you're the closest thing I have to a little brother, other than Remus of course. I just want you to know how proud I am because the Regulus I met four years ago would never have done what you just did, being vulnerable, it's just-" she rambled, but was cut off by Regulus crashing body into hers again and clutching her so tight that it was like if he let go, she'd disappear.

"Thank you." he mumbled into her cardigan covered shoulder. "Really, thank you." he said after pulling away.

"Anytime my dearest Regulus." she said, getting up from her spot on the ground and holding her arm out to him. "Shall I escort you to your next lesson?" she asked dramatically, while he got up and grabbed her arm, linking the two together.

"That'd be nice." he smiled, moving closer to her because to Regulus she was the only real family he had left. Sirius had shown him that you can pick your family, so that's what he did, he found the best big sister he could ask for. She'd been there for him when Sirius had drifted from him after he was sorted into Slytherin, even though they barely knew one another. Now, she was here with him after Sirius ran away, leaving him in his worst nightmare, it was like facing a boggart everyday, but a simple spell couldn't make it go away and he didn't know if he'd have been able to get through it if she wasn't there with him.