*Author's Note*

Hello, dear reader! Although you may have seen the warning in the description, you still chose to read this story. Assuming you read the description, you already know that this story was discontinued and removed from the CotP canon. I've long since established the CotP reboot, which has had many changes to its story and structure (and it still is being changed as of the latest edit). It was originally going to be a simple rewrite, but certain aspects of the original CotP books convinced me to go much further and reboot everything.

Why was it discontinued, though?
1.) It was extremely poorly written. There were a plethora of grammar and spelling mistakes. The most common of the bunch were "its vs. it's" and "to vs. too". The dialogue was terrible, and the tone of each chapter was highly inconsistent. One moment it would be deathly serious, and the next moment was full gags and pointless, sometimes childish jokes.

2.) There was next to no planning and very little structuring. Although I could include this point one, it was almost entirely its own issue that happened to have affected the writing. The bare-bone planning alone resulted in there being downright no structure beyond a few half-baked plots and all six CotP books getting their titles. Not a single chapter was planned either. The process of getting from Point A to Point B, as well as placing and writing the dialogue, severely suffered as a result.

3.) The use of main characters and placement in the timeline. Characters behaving out of character and the series' placement after The Broken Code before the arc had finished publication, it was quite apparent that the original Chronicles of the Prophecies became dated very quickly.

4.) Its poor quality ultimately made it difficult to edit things, and my aversion to this book admittedly also made it difficult to make any edits. It was easier to just make a new book.

~__><__~

If you seek better quality, then I recommend keeping an eye out for any reboot information I may reveal on my message board (especially since the reboot is going through its own rewrite as well). If you still wish to continue reading, then feel free to do so! You'll probably be able to get a good laugh from all of their cringe.

Original Publication: 29 April, 2023
Last Edited: 18 May, 2024