Chapter 5

(future)
Redpaw was slowly stalking through the bushes. If I can get too that mouse I can...

Before the red tortoiseshell tom was finished thinking, a voice was yelling too him, scaring away the mouse. "Hey Redpaw!" yelled Dovefeather, his new mentor. His old mentor, Lionstripe, who was previously Lionstar, had decided he was too old to be a leader or warrior, joined with his siblings, and became an elder.

"What do you want now!? You just scared off the mouse I was hunting!" Redpaw hissed in annoyance.

"Oh I'm 'sorry'." The she-cat always made it clear she hated him. He was the born kit of a forbidden relationship.

"Did you not hear what I said! I said that Silentstar needs to talk to you." The reason I didn't hear a thing you said was because I didn't want to hear your annoying voice. No wonder Jayfeather dislikes you. "Alright! I'll only talk to him because he is our leader. NOT because you told me to. Plus, how in the world did I get such a fox-hearted condescending jerk for a mentor?!" The she-cat looked appalled and surprised, he didn't talk back ever. She didn't say anything and let him leave. About damn time I got some peace from that...You know what, I'm not gonna say it. And with that Redpaw was on his way to Thunderclan's camp.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Silentstar was waiting for Redpaw when he came in. "You're late Redpaw!" growled Silentstar. I hate being the new leader. Why Lionstar? Why did you decide not to be leader anymore? "I'm sorry Silentstar, " The red tom apologized, "I was hunting when Dovefeather told me you needed me." "Well I expect you not to be on your own outside the camp next time!" Silentstar was in a very bad mood. "Yes sir..." And with that, the young apprentice left.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Lionstripe was stretching when he saw his former apprentice sulking into the elder's den. "What did Silentstar need from you?" The elder asked. "Why does most of Thunderclan hate me?" The red tom has been through a lot. His father, Jayfeather's son-in-law, died shortly after he was born. Scratchclaw, the new medicine cat, after Alderheart's death, was unable to save poor Sparkbolt from a heart attack. Lionstripe hated Thunderclan for blaming Redpaw for his father's death, yet that wasn't the only reason. He was born from a forbidden relationship. He was sadly the only cat that gave him attention and love when he was growing up.

"Well you got me don't you?" Lionstripe asked.

"I know, it's just..." Redpaw clearly needed some alone time.

"Well it looks like you need time by yourself. Let yourself figure out what to do with yourself." Lionstripe adviced.

"Every time you give advice, it sounds weird yet it makes sense!" Lionstripe was amused by what the red tom said.

"Well that's Lionstripe for you!" Jayfeather yelled out. Lionstripe smirked, "Ignore Jayfeather. Anyways, are you going to the gathering?" the ginger elder asked. The tom didn't answer for awhile, "I don't know. I'm not exactly number one on Thunderclan's wish list of cats going to the gathering." The red apprentice answered.

Lionstripe thought for a moment "Well how about this? I get Silentstar to let you go to the gathering!"

"And how are you going to do that?!" Jayfeather asked.

Lionstripe sighed and turned to where Jayfeather was laying down, "Mind yo business Jayfeather! Anyways, I'm going to remind Silentstar about a few things!"

"This plan sounds so odd that it might work."

"Let's get it started then!"

The two cats proceeded to exit the den and Lionstripe headed to the leader's den, where Silentstar slept.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
The plan was a success and Redpaw was at the gathering, "Thanks Lionstripe!" Redpaw yelled in excitement.

"No problem kiddo!" The elder replied enthusiastically, "Now go meet some apprentices will you." Redpaw anticipated for his release and went off in the direction of the other apprentices.

Redpaw was looking at the beautiful island he was on. As he he was looking around, his eyes laid right on a white she-cat standing right in front of him where he jumped backwards in surprise, "Hi! Are you a new apprentice? I've never seen you before. Are you the daughter of...Oh sorry! I didn't realize I was rambling." This was definitely an energetic apprentice. I wonder how much of a nuisance she is to her mentor.

"Well to answer your questions, no I'm not new, and no! I'm a male." Redpaw answered. "The names Redpaw by the way."

"Mine's Frostpaw!" The white she-cat replied very loudly. She blinked her blue eyes in confusion when she noticed everybody looking at her. Once she realized why, she started to lick her chest in embarrassment. The five leaders were not amused at all.

The yowl Redpaw had been told to hear for was signaled and the leaders started to talk about how their clans were doing. "ShadowClan is doing just fine. The lack of warriors may seem like a weakness, but we have the right amount to bring back a steady amount of prey even in leaf-bare." Ravenstar meowed, clearly proud of his clan despite the shortage of warriors, "Echodapple has recently become an elder and we have a new apprentice called Lightpaw."

Everybody started to yell out Lightpaw's name until it died out when SkyClan's leader, Leafstar, spoke up. "Nothing has changed since the last gathering except that we chased off a fox recently. It has not entered any other clan territories as far as I know so there shouldn't be any problems for any of you." The other clan leaders dipped their heads in thanks.

The gathering went on smoothly, RiverClan and ThunderClan had spoken, and all that was left was WindClan. Runningstar was clearly saddened about something, "Crowfeather, our former leader has recently passed away from health problems that were unavoidable." That news seemed to have saddened everybody for some reason. "May he rest in StarClan in peace." Silentstar replied.

"You may be wondering why everybody is sad." The question made Redpaw spin around. What does Dovefeather want from me this time? "Crowfeather was one of the last cats that was born in the forest the clans used to live in."

"I guess that is sad." Redpaw could actually care less since it was coming out of Dovefeather's mouth.

"I guess the gathering is now over." Silentstar declared. Cats that were talking to each other were saying goodbye.

The almighty annoying Frostpaw turned around to talk to Redpaw, "Well I guess this is goodbye until the next gathering." Frostpaw looked hopeful.

"I hope so. I don't know if Silentstar will let me go though. I got lucky because of Lionstripe." The white she-cat looked disappointed at the news. Is this cat actually getting comfortable being friends with a cat from a different clan? Redpaw didn't want to ponder that for too long as he was still looking at her.

"Well goodbye, I don't want to make my clan mad, nor make my mentor mad."

Frostpaw looked even more disappointed, "Oh ok. Bye!" Redpaw turned around and left the island. When he got to the log he swore he saw, from the corner of his eyes, Silentstar watching him suspiciously. He didn't want the leader to know he knew and kept walking.

I will be taking a week long break every time it's Monday-Thursday. I will be active again every Friday-Sunday because of school. I hope you guys enjoyed the future sequence I added in here. I actually enjoy making the future rather than the story itself. But that does not mean I won't make the present because that will be the large chunk of the story missing without it. Forgive me for making this long. I just wanted to let you guys know about when I'm active and when I'm not weekly.
That does not mean I'm telling you guys if when I'm active and when I'm not every Friday and Sunday. That will be common knowledge from here on out now.😁