Prologue 2

A brown and white splotched tom slipped into the nursery. "Well Whitefur, can you start pushing for me?" The white she-cat in front of him was in severe pain, so she just nodded. "Alright, Shadowreach, grab some cobwebs and strong sticks please." The black nodded. "Yes Puddleshine!" The tom then scampered off.

"Alright Whitefur, you just hang in there and stay strong for ShadowClan, okay?" The white she-cat just nodded again, still in severe pain. She was obviously hiding her yowls of pain. "Got what you needed!" Shadowreach meowed as he reentered the nursery with the herbs.

"Thank you Shadowreach! You ready Whitefur? This will be hard for you, but you can do this." Whitefur looked at him in gratitude for believing in her. That was quickly gone after Whitefur felt another surge of pain.

The whole ordeal lasted for another few hours before two kits appeared. One was red and the other was tan with white for an underbelly. The tan kit also had one amber eye and one green. Something off to Puddleshine. The red one seemed to give off an aura. One he felt from...Darktail! Whitefur looked at him confused. "What's wrong Puddleshine?"

"The kit, the red one. It's...Something's not right about him."

"What about the tan she-cat?" Whitefur asked.

"She's fine."

Whitefur looked beyond confused, but just said, "If you're telling the truth, then I'll do everything in my power to prevent him from turning into another Darktail or Tigerstar." Puddleshine liked at her with gratitude. "You will be a great mother. I can already see that.

Once Puddleshine got to the medicine cat den, he walked up to Shadowreach. "I want you to keep a careful eye on the red kit." The black tom looked confused, but didn't ask any questions. "Will do Puddleshine."

Puddleshine thanked Shadowreach and walked off to gather some chervil, yarrow, and a few other herbs. Puddleshine feared the red kit. Something wasn't right about it...Puddleshine shook off his fears and worries so that he could focus on restocking herbs.