Chapter 2

MJ was in a real hurry. He was going to be late with the annual reunion with his friends, Cloud, Quake, and Barley. He was going to be late because that stupid medicine cat was in his way. Worst, almost all of Thunderclan probably saw him run by their territory. Oh well, it happened, he needed to keep going.

Luckily for him, he didn't need to be there for another 13 minutes so he was the first one there. He could see the white pelt of Cloud, brown pelt of Quake, and the golden pelt of Barley as they revealed themselves out of the foliage. "Long time no see MJ!" exclaimed Quake. The she-cat was well known with the other loners as being highly optimistic. Barley on the other hand, "Not me at all!" said the rude Barley. "Well anyways it looks like your finally the first here and not last and late." MJ licked his chest in embarrassment for the past 27 times he was late. "Well that is all in the past now. You can expect me to not be late anymore since I've made myself a den not far from here. Just outside the Thunderclan territory." replied MJ. "Well that's a good thing" said Cloud. Damn it felt great to be here first.

"Well Cloud got a message from the Spirits of the River finally." said Barley and Quake in unison. "That is good!" That was all the ginger tom could say with a surprise like that! "Well what did they say?" MJ asked. Cloud answered "It went along the lines of 'Watch your backs as a new threat will appear and it will take each cat out one by one leaving its claws red with blood.' This black she-cat said to go find you and tell you for some odd reason, like how do they know your name?!"

"We should warn the clans!" said MJ. "Why should we do that?!" asked Barley while yelling. "Think of it this way. We tell the clans about it because it sounds like this cat wants to kill all the clan cats. Once we tell them, they might treat us as their own and be allowed to hunt on their territory."

"That isn't a far fetched idea." said the surprisingly unsarcastic tone of Barley. "Well what are we waiting for. Let's get going!" said Quake. Man is she optimistic and hyper even for her. I hope she hasn't been the one eating my chocolate when I leave my den...She probably has been doing that! Oh well. It's too late to interrogate her for information.
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Jayfeather was busy fixing up the herbs Alderheart messed up after having that panic attack he had a couple of days ago when he was rudely interrupted by the apprentice he hated the most, Dovepaw. The young she-cat reminded him of Dovewing so much. It didn't make it better that she was one of Ivypool's second litter, meaning she was related to Dovewing. "Hey Jayfeather! Did you hear about the new cat everybody is talking about?" said the grey she-cat. "Oh everybody is talking about the mystery cat. Well I guess I haven't." said Jayfeather in his attempt at sarcasm. He was getting old, so it didn't surprise him that he was losing his sarcasm.

The young apprentice knew what he meant, "Anyways, there is a chance he could be dangerous. We might have to chase him off the terri..." Before the apprentice could finish, Alderheart interrupted her, "Actually I met him face-to-face when I was out getting yarrow." "You WHAT!!!" yelled Ivypool as she was walking by. "You met this cat before you got and didn't tell me straight away or Dawnstar." "Oh yeah I should bring my yarrow with me to talk to you, maybe let a few get contaminated touching the ground and make it unusable." Damn, I have to admit that was a quick sarcastic response. I never thought he could be that sarcastic.

"Well anyways I'll let Dawnstar know that you had a face-to-face encounter with our mysterious cat." Alderheart just dipped his head in respect and headed toward the stash of yarrow that was only three leaves and Ivypool and Dove paw left for Dawnstar's den. "Well thank you for interrupting Dovepaw. If I heard that annoying voice I would've..."

Jayfeather wasn't able to finish as it looked like Alderheart wasn't done interrupting cats, "She reminds you of Dovewing a lot doesn't she?" Alderheart asked. "She does..." Jayfeather was forced to admit. "Dovewing made her choice to be with a Shadowclan cat. That's something we can't turn back." Jayfeather never thought he would hear such wisdom from Alderheart. "I guess your right...Well what are you waiting for? Let's order up the herbs!" Alderheart's eyes brightened at the sudden optimism from Jayfeather.