Chapter 10(Lionstripe's Past)

(Past)

A young ginger tom, that was about 15 moons old, was hunting a mouse when he heard a shriek of pain. "Who's there?" He asked. "Help me!" The voice yelled.

As he was running towards the shrieks and screeches, he could hear some of them be abruptly cut off. When the tom showed up, the voice was a creamy or pale orange she-cat up against a badger. I've went against many badgers. This will be a piece of cake.

As soon as the badger turned around to face him, there was a look of fear in its eyes. This is a badger I already fought, he thought with a grin. The badger turned tail and left the area.

"T-t-thank y-y-you." The she-cat was obviously shooken up from the attack. He looked over to what was at the side. It was a dead golden tom. The cat died trying to help save her from the position he was in. The cat must of saw his understanding of the situation, "My father tried to save me and my mother, but the badger got a hold of his and my mom's neck and..." The cat's voice trailed off. "Well why don't I take you too my friends. One of them has a herb that'll calm you down." The she-cat just nodded and started to follow him.

Once they got to his friend's den, he went up too his friends to introduce the she-cat. "¡Hola, amigo mío, muy estúpido! Cloud, Barley, Quake, and Zizzeyelon, I have somebody that needs calming down." All heads looked at him. "Who is this cat?" Zizzeyelon asked.

Although she was a house cat, she was a formidable enemy. He himself was scared of her.

"A she-cat that was attacked by the badger I thought I killed. Her father died trying to save her." The tom answered. "Why don't you go get her then, MJ?" Barley asked kinda rudely. "Will do." MJ answered.

For the next four moons, MJ had been taking care of Dawn. The two knew each others names now. They found out each others names when Cloud had been giving the she-cat herbs to calm her down. They had grown close and would hang out with Somflow and Quake everyday.

The ginger tom woke up and decided to wake up the creamy orange she-cat. "You awake Dawn?" MJ asked. All of a sudden the white pelt of Cloud, the brown and white pelts of Zizzeyelon and Quake, the pale golden pelt of Barley's, and the brownish-red calico pelt of Somflow entered the den.

"Is she awake yet?" Somflow asked. "That's what I was trying to do!" MJ hissed. Dawn started to stir in her moss. "Why are you so loud?" she asked.

"Because there are mouse-brains in this den that talk loudly." MJ answered. Everyone just hissed at MJ. "What? I'm right!" MJ hissed back. Dawn slowly picked herself up.

"Where will I go?" The creamy orange she-cat asked. "You will stay in here until your wounds are fully healed." Cloud meowed. The she-cat groaned but didn't argue. Somflow looked like he wanted to leave.

"Worried about your housefolk again?" MJ asked.

"He collapsed out of nowhere and the rest of my housefolk took him away and never came back." Somflow growled.

Zizzeyelon looked sad about the situation. MJ and Zizzeyelon once shared the same housefolk, but he was too old and suffered a heart attack, as MJ overheard. Only he and Zizzeyelon knew what happened to Somflow's housefolk.

"Well we should get something too eat." MJ requested. "What about that cat, Dawn?" Quake asked.

MJ wasn't surprised at Quake being worried about the she-cat. She was bi anyways. "I'll get her the fattest rabbit you've ever seen! Just you see!" MJ meowed joyfully.

"Don't get your hopes up MJ. It's almost leaf-bare!" Quake warned.

Damn you leaf-fall! MJ cursed. "Alright, well I'll still try!" MJ declared. Just like you 'tried' to help the clans against the Dark Forest. He pushed the thought away. He did help the clans with the Dark Forest, but pretended to be a Starclan cat. He doesn't want the clans to know he existed at the moment.

"Well let's get going!" Barley replied. They all, except Dawn, nodded their heads and walked out of the den.

MJ was hunting a rabbit. The fattest one he's ever seen. He ran with such speed, the rabbit didn't have time to react. He killed it on the spot. As he picked the rabbit up, he heard what he presumed too be a gunshot.

Those housefolk have been shooting up animals non-stop, MJ thought angrily. He decided it would be a wise decision too leave the area. He already caught enough prey.

MJ still had much energy left by the time he returned to the den. He had caught three squirrels, one crow, and two big rabbits. "I got preeeyyy!" MJ announced. He walked into Somflow and Quake crying. MJ immediately dropped his prey when he realized who was missing...and why everyone was crying, "No...no...no.......no." MJ felt he would collapse. "What happened t...to Zizzeyelon..." MJ asked shakily. "Sh-sh-she-e..." Quake was unable to speak fully. Somflow decided to continue with more control.

"She-e was hunting a crow and there was a loud noise. She-e we-ent too ch-eck it out and a housefolk attacked her. The housefolk grabbed those guns y-you t-told u-us a-a-about." Somflow had stopped talking. MJ already knew where it was going. He had heard a gunshot, and ignored it.

"And the housefolk shot her..." MJ finished. Somflow just shook his head, "Why would they do that?" Somflow asked.

"Because some housefolk don't like us as much as others." MJ admitted. It was the sad truth.

"Wha-what d-do w-we d-do n-now?" Quake asked.

MJ thought for a moment. Thinking of hopeless plans that he realized were hopeless. "We...can't do...anything..." MJ admitted. "We've got to be able to do something!" Quake screeched.

"We can't do anything!" MJ hissed, "I wish we could but we can't!" Quake fell silent. Dawn began to pad out of the rest area of the den.

"Where are you going?" Cloud asked. Dawn looked him in the eyes and replied, "I can't stay here. Not after hearing a twoleg shot Zizzeyelon to death."

MJ knew that was true, "She's right. We can't stay here. It's unsafe. The housefolk in this area are dangerous and will kill us on sight."

Cloud, Somflow, and Barley looked at each other. "They're right Cloud and Barley. Housefolk are dangerous here. We can't stay here. If we stay, we will either die of starvation, killed by other cats, or hunted down by housefolk." Somflow reluctantly admitted.

The two other toms looked at each other and then everyone else. "I wish too stay here. I was born here, and I will die here." Barley meowed. "Well I'm not." Cloud retorted, "I've never had a deathwish, and I don't plan on having one." Cloud looked at MJ. MJ instinctually shrunk down.

"I don't know where you guys are headed, but I'm going too the clans." MJ froze. "Wait your going too the clans?" MJ asked Dawn. "Yes. You going to them too?" MJ decided to answer her question when everyone started looking at him, "Not quite. But I was thinking about being near them."

A look of relief crossed the others faces while Dawn's was in a look of sadness. "Well I hope I see you guys again one day!" Dawn replied as the sadness slowly disappeared. "You too!" Somflow and MJ responded in unison. The creamy orange she-cat stalked away and MJ sworn he saw the she-cat blush at MJ, specifically him, saying 'you too'. MJ decided to put the sight deep in his brain for a memory later on for if he sees her again.