Chapter 8

Lionstripe woke up too the sound of Jayfeather and Lionblaze having ANOTHER argument. "Shut up you two! Can't you tell cats are trying to sleep for Starclan's sake?" Lionstripe hissed. "Shut the hell up Lionstripe!" Jayfeather hissed back. "Alright I've had it with you! First you treat like I'm nothing! Then you whine too Alderheart about how I'm a mistake when you barely know me! And your just a straight up, stuck up foxheart! What are you gonna do when I get hurt in battle, huh?" Jayfeather opened his mouth for either a stinging remark, an answer too Lionstripe's question, or both. Lionstripe decided not to let him.

"Actually, don't answer that. The answer is obvious. Sneak in some deathberries. That was going too be your answer right?!" Jayfeather shut his mouth immediately and walked away. The whole clan watches with eyes shining with shock. Sure Lionstripe looked like he was about ready to be set off, according to Bumblestripe. They didn't expect him to shut up Jayfeather.

"Well that was...uhmmm, interesting?" Lionblaze wasn't shocked like almost everybody else. The whole Firestar line has been torn apart. Sparkpelt, Jayfeather, and Hollytuft were against him being in Thunderclan, while Lionblaze, Alderheart, Fernsong, Ivypool, and Sorrelstripe welcomed him. Lionblaze must've saw the misery on Lionstripe's face. "Hey things will get better eventually." Lionblaze reassured. "I hope so..." Lionstripe needed time on his own and Lionblaze probably noticed. "You get some fresh air, okay?" Lionblaze meowed. "I will. I might as well hunt while I'm out." Lionstripe began to make his way too the camp entrance. He knew, without looking, that Jayfeather had a look of hope cross his face. He could hear Lionblaze warn Jayfeather what he really was doing, before he exited the camp.
-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.
Dawnstar was out on a hunting patrol with Cloudfang, Strikeclaw, Stormcloud, and Bumblestripe. She was only comfortable with cats that accepted Lionstripe as their own clanmate. "You look on edge." The grey pelt of Bumblestripe appeared to the side of her. "It's been a stressful two moons. Most of the clan dislikes Lionstripe. It's only this patrol and like five cats at camp." Dawnstar groaned, "Why can't they at least accept that he is there to stay?" "These things take time. It took me awhile to understand why Dovewing did what she did. She did it cause she loved Tigerstar. There was nothing I could do to stop that. Even as leader of Thunderclan, you can't stop hatred. It'll always be there."

Dawnstar looked at Bumblestripe with eyes slitted in surprise. "I didn't know you were this wise!" Dawnstar meowed. Bumblestripe shrugged his shoulders. "My dad taught me many wise things." Stormcloud turned around quickly, "Is eating a lot of food one of those things?" Everyone, including Bumblestripe, twitched their ears in amusement at the elders eating habit. The grey elder had died of greencough. He was officially the oldest cat ever. Surpassing even Barkface in age.

"When do you think leaf-bare will ever be kind too us?" Cloudfang asked. The tom wasn't even born when leaf-bare almost killed the five clans. The tom was born when the greencough epidemic rose. It ended up killing many cats. So much, the only hope for the clans were that the kits would survive. They did, and it saved the clans from destruction. "In our dreams." Strikeclaw responded. There was another mrowww of laughter between the senior warriors. "Well why don't we catch us some prey while it's leaf-fall." Cloudfang asked. "What do you think we're out here for?" Bumblestripe asked. "Too talk and gossip about how better of a leader Ivypool would be than Dawnstar." Strikeclaw responded. "Hey, I'm right here you know!" Dawnstar hissed. The warriors continued to talk and hunt the rest of the time.

When Dawnstar returned back too camp, she noticed Lionstripe was absent. "Lionblaze, where's Lionstripe?" The golden tabby tom looked at her and responded, "He and Jayfeather got into an argument. When I say argument, I mean Lionstripe berated Jayfeather for the way he treated him. After Lionstripe finished, I requested he go and get some fresh air. He said he would hunt while he was out there. "Und thoot I dud!" Everyone turned around to see Lionstripe with two hares, three pigeons, and one squirrel. "How did you...?" The clan was at a lost for words. The tom put all his prey down, "I used the unmarked territory near my old den and found these guys." Dawnstar turned around and announced, "Looks like we will have a feast!"
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
Jayfeather was thinking about saying against that, but didn't say a word. Let Thunderclan die in its own stupidity. Jayfeather couldn't believe Alderheart likes Lionstripe. Why does anybody in this clan like him.