Chapter 27 (Epilogue: Future)

(Future)
Don't worry guys! This will be continued on a book I'm calling "Redspots's Revenge" and will take place about immediately after this chapter. Hope you enjoy the last chapter of A Prophecy of Four!

Darkfur laid down to go to sleep. He had a long day. Nightstorm was clearly trying to join some training sessions to see how much training Redspots gives Firepaw. It was really tiring having to convince the goofy tom that Redspots and Firepaw need space to do their training.

Finally Nightstorm had gotten the message and agreed to stop bothering Redspots with his training. It took awhile, though...

Darkfur slowly started to close his eyes as more warriors were walking into the den until the sound of a battle yowl rang across the ThunderClan territory, and an influx of ShadowClan warriors, and many, many unknown cats rushing into the camp!

Darkfur abruptly got right up and he, alongside the warriors that were walking into the Warrior's den, rushed towards a multitude of directions to ensure that the nursery, elder's den, medicine cat's den, and leader's den were accounted for and that there were enough warriors to chase the warriors out. Darkfur began to realize that not only has the large majority of ShadowClan allied with a large rogue group, they must have become a part of it! That or those cats are now ShadowClan cats!

Darkfur knew he had to tell Silentstar and Lightstream of what he realized in order for them to call on WindClan, SkyClan, and RiverClan to help them in the future!

Darkfur rushed passed a few warriors like Strikeclaw and Amberclaw, who were guarding Silentstar as he was speaking to Lightstream, "What do you need, Darkfur?" Lightstream asked.

Darkfur replied back, "Not only does the clan need your help right now, but I believe I have come to a realization! I think that the rogue group that ShadowClan allied with, either joined and became ShadowClan cats, or the majority of ShadowClan joined them! They act in such clear precision! This isn't a fight by allied forces! They fight like they are long time clanmembers! They fight like one group!"

Lightstream looked at Silentstar and Darkfur with worry, "If this is true, then we may risk loosing our home! Loosing everything we fought for! Our freedom! Our friends! Our clan! Our family! Our honor! Our hope! Our strength! We can't let us loose what we each fought for! We will fight with everything we have got!"

Darkfur could see that what Lightstream said impressed Silentstar, "You will make a great leader." Silentstar meowed before looking at Darkfur, "Go and defend the clan with every being you have! Don't let these pieces of crow-food stop you!"

Just as Silentstar stopped speaking, a scuffle began outside of his den, "Silentstar! They are trying to force their way to you! They actually think that by killing you and Lightstream, they will have us under their control!" Strikeclaw hissed from outside the den.

Silentstar yowled, "Well tell them that is not how the clans work! Tell them StarClan is prepared at all times!"

Strikeclaw yowled back, "They don't believe in StarClan. They think StarClan can't help us cause they aren't real!"

Silentstar looked frustrated to Darkfur, and Silentstar didn't hide it, "Well tell those mousebrains that I have seen them with my own eyes. That I saw my own dead brother in front of me! Tell them that StarClan has given me nine lives, so unless they find a way to kill me nine times, they can never truly rid of me!"

Strikeclaw went silent after that. The scuffle was clearly still ensuing and Darfur and Lightstream had the same idea and left the den to help Strikeclaw and Amberclaw.

-:-:-:-:-

Flowerfur, Briartail, and Scratchclaw watched with worry as the battle ensued...Flowerfur could only watch with horror as the elders fended for themselves cause no one got to their den fast enough...Lionstripe, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze, the three brothers, all battled side-by-side with the odds stacked against them. They were fighting an 8v3 battle and were sure to lose due to age. Two of them were ThunderClan's most formidable fighters, and now Lionblaze needs help staying on his front two legs and Lionstripe is rather fragile in age now...That was the reason he stepped down as leader...He was too frail and weak to stay in power and trusted Silentstar to be a good leader, but all Silentstar did was pout about being leader...

"I hope no one dies...I can't bear to think that any of the elders will die..." Flowerfur whispered. Mousewhisker, Dovewing, Cinderheart, and Bumblestripe were also fighting for their lives together. It reminded Flowerfur about that one time that Lionstripe had Mousewhisker as his deputy at first, but then Mousewhisker was growing old and joined the elders and he called on Silentstar to become his deputy. And then Lionstripe got old...

Briartail broke Flowerfur's thoughts after a tension filled silence, "Death, I'm afraid, is more than likely inevitable in this battle..."

Scratchclaw then decided to chime in, "This isn't just a battle, this is a clear declaration of war!"

Briartail sighed, "I hate to say this, but you are undoubtedly right..."

Flowerfur looked out at the battle and hoped and prayed to StarClan that her siblings and friends were okay...

-:-:-:-:-

Redspots ran across the blood-filled battlefield, trying to keep dangerous and well trained rogues from laying a single claw on his apprentice. Firepaw had just become an apprentice and didn't even get to learn the basics of fighting correctly! Redspots couldn't let Firepaw fight this battle or else he would get killed by these ruthless rogues! Redspots couldn't believe that ShadowClan would ever stoop so low again after learning what happened when they joined Darktail and forced Rowanstar's paws into having to risk killing his own clanmates and having a difficult time trying to forgive them! Rowanstar had tried his absolute best in keeping his clan in their places, but a stupid cat named Needlepaw had to go and hide an entire group from Rowanstar, he was already dealing with a horrible clan that threw everything that he gave his clan at his face!

Guess ShadowClan will never truly change!, Redspots thought with pure anger. If he hadn't had an apprentice to protect, let alone his own kin, he would've turned right around a killed a ShadowClan cat where they stood! If that were the case, that ShadowClan cat would be very lucky that StarClan no longer accepts killers. He heard that some ruthless ShadowClan cats learned the hard way when they had died shortly after Redstar's death.

Multiple cats tried to attack him, but he attacked their muzzles and caused their noses to bleed, fatiguing them and keeping them from his apprentice.

Soon the cats were rushing out of the camp, some carrying the bodies of dead rogues that were trying to kill a clan cat. It was quite evident that ThunderClan also took a few casualties. Heathertail, Quakepelt, and Ashfall were laying motionless on the ground.

Redspots walked around the clearing, Firepaw just behind him as cats were watching with sad eyes as they saw the bodies of their dead clanmates. Jayfeather, Willowshine, and Mousewhisker went to pick up Heathertail, Cloudfoot went to pick up his long time friend, Quakepelt, and Lionblaze, Cinderheart, Sorrelstripe, and Fernsong looked sadly at Ashfall. The poor tom was a very good cat, and may have been a good deputy when Lightstream became leader...but one body was what would change Redspots's life...

Redspots turned his head around and saw what he could never unsee. Something that would affect him his whole life, and would lead to Redspots's dealing his revenge.

Lionstripe...was dead.

[(<\|/>)] ~The End~ [(<\|/>)]