Chapter 11

(Future)
It had been 7 moons since the gathering. Redpaw and his friends had their assessment today.

Darkpaw, Nightpaw, and Moonpaw looked siked for their assessment. "This is your chance to show Thunderclan that you're not a mistake!" Darkpaw exclaimed. Redpaw couldn't have asked for better friends, "Let's do this guys!" Redpaw purred.

The mentors, Dovefeather, Strikeclaw, Sorrelstripe, and Twigbranch, were walking into the bushes after giving the apprentices the order to start hunting.

Redpaw spared no time. He headed straight for the old twoleg den that was full of mice. Redpaw realized that wouldn't be a good idea. I need to go to a place that is challenging for me. Redpaw headed straight for the territory near the stream separating Windclan and Thunderclan. Redpaw knew that Darkpaw and Nightpaw would've went to the old twoleg den anyway.

Redpaw had made it near the stream. The red tortoiseshell sniffed the air for any prey. He could sense a few critters. Rabbit, dove, pigeon, mouse, and...cat? Redpaw figured it was just Dovefeather or the other mentors. Redpaw continued to hunt, but kept an ear out just in case it was an enemy cat. Redpaw had managed to catch the rabbit, mouse, and dove he smelled. The bushes started to rustle.

Redpaw looked around and asked, "Who's there? If you're my mentor you're not hiding that well. If you're an enemy cat, then I'll let you know that a Thunderclan apprentice isn't somebody to just attack. I can put up a fight!"

Redpaw stayed put for a moment. No answer. Redpaw decided to turn around. Just as he expected, as he turned away a cat came out to attack him. He was the former apprentice of Lionstar, now Lionstripe. He immediately attacked the attacker's muzzle, causing them to stumble, then proceeded to attack from the side and slid under the cat and raked their belly, causing the cat to screech in pain.

"I asked who's there coward!" Redpaw hissed, "You didn't answer and waited for me to turn my back!" The cat was still dazed at the attack. Redpaw dug a hole for the prey, and lead the cat to the Thunderclan camp. They'll know what to do, Redpaw thought.

"Who's this?!"Silentstar yelled.

"This cat tried to attack me while I was doing my assessment after I heard a rustle in the bushes!" Redpaw yelled back. Redpaw knew he shouldn't yell at the leader, but he was done with being treated as if he came from the Dark Forest.

Suddenly Strikeclaw and everybody else ran inside the camp. "Redpaw!" Strikeclaw yelled. "Yes, Strikeclaw?" Redpaw asked cooly. He wasn't mad at this cat. "I smelled your scent mixed with anothe-" The white tom stopped talking once he saw the tom and the bleeding nose and belly, "Nevermind."

Silentstar just looked at the tom that attacked Redpaw. "Why are you on Thunderclan's territory, let alone interfere with one of Thunderclan's apprentices assessment?"

The tom was a brownish-orange color. "My name's Swelick. My son needs food. I had to resort to stealing." Understanding crossed Silentstar's eyes. Redpaw looked at Silentstar, "If you want me to grab one of the prey I caught, I'll go do that now."

Silentstar looked at Redpaw, "You will stay here. I'm sure Strikeclaw can get it." Redpaw was having none of that mouse-dung. "So what you're trying to say is that you don't trust me to grab a piece of prey for a starving cat? What type of leader are you if you can't trust an apprentice to grab prey!" The grey leader stared him straight in the eyes, "It appears you've been getting aggressive with your tone."

"Gee, I wonder why?" Redpaw replied sarcastically.

"Fine! You will get the piece of prey, but why should Strikeclaw go with you?" Dovefeather looked straight up ticked. "Why can't his mentor keep an eye on him?"