Chapter 18

Once Violetstar made it to Dawnstar's den, she noticed that Dawnstar was crying.

"You okay Dawnstar?"

The she-cat turned her head and looked at Violetstar, "I'm sorry, it's jus-" "It's fine Dawnstar...I know how stressful things are right now...I too lost my deputy cause of Redstar. Wildfire was an amazing deputy who's life was cut short by that fox-heart. Ivypool didn't make it either. But I still have Leafshade and I doubt Lionstripe will be gone forever."

"It's hard to think that when he looked so genuinely angry..."

Violetstar looked at the Thunderclan leader with sympathy, "I know Dawnstar...I know...But I am sure he will return. I just can feel it. And so can the others. Jayfeather, Lionblaze, Cinderheart, Sorrelstripe. They all think he will come back," Violetstar then realized why she was wanting to see Dawnstar in the first place, "I just remembered!"

Dawnstar looked at Violetstar quizzically, "What?!"

Violetstar looked back at the ginger leader, "The apprentices have finished their warrior assessments!"

Dawnstar perked her ears up, "That is great! I'm guessing the apprentices will get their warrior names based on their clan origin?"

Violetstar thought for a second before responding, "I think that would be for the best. We don't want tensions between the clans to rise out of nowhere."

Dawnstar nodded her head, clearly forgetting about her pain from earlier.

"Well let's get to telling the clans Dawnstar!"

"Okay!"

Violetstar and Dawnstar stooped at the edge of the highrock. When Runningstar looked in their direction, they nodded at him. Runningstar clearly caught the message and left his conversation with Shadowreach, Adderstripe, and Volefang and soon joined them at the top.

"May all cats old enough to hunt their own prey come to the center of the camp for a three clan meeting!" Dawnstar yowled.

Multiple cats looked in their direction and went to the clearing. The apprentices looked quite happy for their achievement and chance to be a warrior, despite it being the scariest time to become a warrior.

"You want to go first Runningstar?" Dawnstar asked.

Runningstar nodded his head and looked at the only surviving Windclan apprentice, "Swiftpaw, come near the highrock!" The Windclan apprentice did as their leader told him, "Heathertail, do you believe that this apprentice is ready to become a full warrior of Windclan?"

Heathertail looked at the Windclan apprentice with clear pride in her eyes, "I do believe so."

Runningstar nodded his head again. I don't know how many times he just nods his head. He's done it so many times that I'm sure he's having neck pain by now!, "Then by the powers of our ancestors from this moment on this apprentice will be known as Swiftclaw for his speed and will to fight for his morals and for what's right!"

Windclan chanted the name of the only newly made Windclan warrior.

It was Violetstar's turn to name her clan's apprentices. Some were even Riverclan and Shadowclan apprentices.

"May all Skyclan apprentices stand at the clearing! That includes former Shadowclan and Riverclan apprentices!" Violetstar yelled.

The apprentices did as they were told, "Dewpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to defend it with your life?"

Dewpaw looked at his leader, "I do."

"Then with the powers of Starclan, I grant you your warrior name! From here on out, you will be known as Dewstorm for your ferocity and will to protect, and Skyclan welcomes you as a full warrior."

The black tom dipped his head in respect and waited for the other two cats to get their warrior names.

"Firepaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to defend it even at the cost of your life?"

"I do." Firepaw meowed with enthusiasm.

"Then by the powers of Starclan you will be known as Firestorm for your flaming spirit and enthusiasm and Skyclan welcomes you as a full warrior of you choose too."

Violetstar's attention then drifted to the former Riverclan apprentice, Sparkpaw, "Sparkpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code and to defend it even at the cost of your life?"

Sparkpaw answered shakily, "I-I do."

Violetstar nodded her head, "Then by the powers of Starclan you will be known as Sparkbolt for your speed and loyalty to what is right. Skyclan welcomes you as a full warrior of Skyclan if you choose too."

Skyclan began chanting the names of the new warriors.

I can tell Sparkbolt will play somewhat of a role in the future. I just can feel it!

Once Skyclan stopped, Violetstar turned her head to Dawnstar, "I guess it is your turn."

Dawnstar, too, nodded her head and faced her clan, "All Thunderclan apprentices, please stand at the center!"

The Thunderclan apprentices, Rockpaw, Pebblepaw, Dustpaw, Dovepaw, and Silentpaw walked to the center. Hazelpaw had died during the fighting when Shadowclan and Riverclan attempted, and successfully, took Thunderclan as their prisoners

"Do you five promise to uphold the warrior code and defend your clan even at the cost of your life?"

All the apprentices responded in unison, "I do."

Dawnstar looked pleased with the answer, "Then by the powers of Starclan I grant you all with your warrior names. Rockpaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Rockpelt for your strength and Thunderclan welcomes you as a full member of Thunderclan."

Rockpelt dipped his head in respect and and waited for the others to get their warrior names.

"Pebblepaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Pebblestream for your agility and speed and Thunderclan welcomes you as a full member of Thunderclan."

"Dustpaw," The tom looked up, clearly nervous, "from this moment on, you will be known as Dustclaw for your loyalty and resilience and Thunderclan welcomes you as a full member of Thunderclan."

"Dovepaw, from this moment on, you will be known as Dovefeather for your calm demeanor and Thunderclan welcomes you as a full member of Thunderclan."

"Silentpaw," Similar to that of Dustclaw, Silentpaw was very nervous, if not anxious, "from this moment on, you will be known as Silentstorm for your silent, but also fierce, battle style and for your fierce loyalty to what is right. Thunderclan welcomes you as a full member of Thunderclan."

Once Dawnstar was finished, Violetstar could hear Thunderclan chanting every former apprentices warrior name. Thunderclan has returned to their prideful selves once more!

Violetstar looked at Dawnstar and Runningstar, "Let's get even more prepared now that we have new warriors."

The two leaders meowed their agreements and went off to do what they were previously doing. Something about Dawnstar was off today, and I can't place my thoughts but I feel like there's something the clans don't know about but she does, Violetstar thought.